New releases at annual meeting??

by _Morpheus 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dagney
    Dagney

I guess the needed a new bookstudy book. Might as well recycle one of the major prophet books with scarier pictures!

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Ok leon, that makes sense. I continue to point out that they already stopped handing out hard copies at the rc but i think some have been away for so long they cant adjust to that, having never seen it...

if it is an attempt to synchronize release, and that makes more sense than anything i have thought of, it is, i think, a bad move. It devalues the RC. People will stop caring pretty quickly.

And thank you, sir82, for the collapse tie in. I was begining to feel weird and i couldnt figure out why 😂😂😂

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Aren't you just agreeing with what SBF has been saying?

He has been claiming for a while now that not releasing books at the RC = finacial colllapse and/ or if they stop releasing books at RCs publisher disappointment will be so great the borg's collapse will be sooner faster better ...

• skin
    skin

Looks like there are 2 new release's:

At the annual meeting of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania on October 6, 2018, two new publications were released. The book Pure Worship of Jehovah—Restored At Last! is based on the prophecy of Ezekiel, and the brochure Apply Yourself to Reading and Teaching is designed to help Jehovah’s Witnesses improve their reading and teaching skills.

The Pure Worship book in English and the Teaching brochure in several languages are now available on the jw.org website and in the JW Library app. At a later time, the Pure Worship book will be released in additional languages.

It was also announced at the annual meeting that the Governing Body has approved a significant revision of our websites and applications. The jw.org website will be redesigned to include the content and features of JW Broadcasting and Watchtower ONLINE LIBRARY. Additionally, the JW Library app will be redesigned to incorporate the content and features of Watchtower Library as well as content that now appears only on the jw.org website. The overall appearance of the new website and the new app will be unified and become even more user-friendly. For example, to ensure that the redesigned website and app are not too hard to navigate, key aspects will be simplified to help users find spiritual food quickly. Planning and design work have already begun on this large project. You should begin to see certain improvements within a few months.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Aren't you just agreeing with what SBF has been saying?

i couldnt not be more insulted if you spit in my face.

He has been claiming for a while now that not releasing books at the RC = finacial colllapse and/ or if they stop releasing books at RCs publisher disappointment will be so great the borg's collapse will be sooner faster better ...

i am not suggesting in any way that this is related to finical concerns and said exactly the opposite. I explained four times on this thread alone that money could not be the reason since they already stopped giving out hard copies at conventions 3 years ago.

Slim and i may have common ground on the end result, the devaluing of rc’s. After consideration, Im taking the position that this is unintentional and short sighted on their part. Leons remarks about this being an attempt to control the information and release timing makes sense. I think its a bad move but thats the only logic i can find.

I remain open to other suggestions, but money is clearly not the driving force.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I did suggest back on pge two I think that the annual meeting they have more control over who is invited than the RCs I thought that was reasonable logic.

Plus if I wanted to insult you Morpheus I'm sure I could rustle up something better than that equating your thoughts to one of SBF's. Lololol😃

• jp1692
    jp1692

I, for one, really appreciated this thoughtful point from the new publication, Apply Yourself to Reading and Teaching. In Study #9, Appropriate Use of Visual Aids, we are reminded of this important point:

• Make sure that your listeners can see the visual aid

This is so helpful, because -- you know -- that might not have occurred to us!

(See the highlighted portion at the bottom of the screenshot):

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I think it is very simple really,, they can't make profit in the printing business anymore,, so they need to make some very serious changes in their business model or past profits will get eaten up from running in the red for too long. That along with a very bad court appearance in multiple lawsuits world wide means things are looking pretty bleak for the Watchtower's corporation future.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

I think the releases at the AGM were a diversion.

It gives everyone something to talk about rather than question why their disaster fund shot up to 30 million.

Hey Dick, why do you think there is such a huge spike in disaster funds?

Look Jane! A new book! New light! Let's go show Sally!

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    I did suggest back on pge two I think that the annual meeting they have more control over who is invited than the RCs I thought that was reasonable logic.

the problem with that train of thought is that new releases are available for everyone immediately for download. What difference does it make who is sitting in the audience when they announce it?

Plus if I wanted to insult you Morpheus I'm sure I could rustle up something better than that equating your thoughts to one of SBF's. Lololol😃

no. You could not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit