New releases at annual meeting??

by _Morpheus 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Yes steve, apparently they released a new eziekel book.... at the annual meeting instead the rc.

so here is my thought, after more pondering than it deserved... maybe this is the move to get rid of or significantly change the RC. Spend a few years releasing the publications at the annual meeting and the rc is no longer an important thing for the masses, then Boom! Drop or change the rc and nobody cares. No new releases there anyway.

mark this thread. This year was the start of the rc being done away with

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

Look, they have a money machine that has tax free income and a tax free "non-profit" status. They can't wait until the older ones are gone that could bring anything up that embarrasses themselves, and they don't really want anyone staying around longer than 5 years in the "Truth". They only want to keep the appearance of a religion, for the tax-free "non-profit" status so they print another book about Ezekial or some other book that could have seven sequels.

They have the inheritances from old JW's, they have the real estate empire or getting volunteers to build it, keep it for 20 -60 years and sell it, rinse and rewash, they have Government assistance for some Charity work that was started by good-hearted individual brothers and they took it over because they saw they could turn a profit on others work, the circuit overseers insurance and car funds that an eight-year-old can do the math to see they are awash in profit, the assembly halls, and the reorganizing and selling the local kingdom halls. They just need to keep their cost under control and they will survive. They are beyond caring about what content they print they've been successful at changing their beliefs so many times it is still viewed with anticipation and acceptance by the majority of their followers. They have been able to serve rotten food at the wrong time for over a century and people will eat it because they have nothing else to believe in. Or as a quote from the movie "American President",

• Lewis: People want leadership. And in the absence of genuine leadership, they will listen to anyone who steps up to the microphone. They want leadership, Mr. President. They’re so thirsty for it, they’ll crawl through the desert toward a mirage, and when they discover there’s no water, they’ll drink the sand.

Sheperd: Lewis, we’ve had Presidents who were beloved, who couldn’t find a coherent sentence with two hands and a flashlight. People don’t drink the sand because they’re thirsty, Lewis. They drink it because they don’t know the difference.
  • floridaborn
    floridaborn
    Because it gives the excitement for everyone to hear about the king of the north at the same time. This is a great marketing move. The hype is a whole lot greater than spreading it out over a year of RC’s. Now everyone can read and talk and be excited at the same time. The hype of this will be nauseating
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

They can put out all the rubbish they want, and it is all about enslaving the whole population and totally ruining the Earth for all life. If this is what you want, then go ahead and read this trash, along with the bibles that it is supposed to highlight (the parent book of enslavement). And try applying it to your lives, even against nature and at expense of being miserable. Otherwise, you are better off learning a new skill.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Maybe they are getting paranoid about the press, the public and apostates getting access to the literature now. The annual meeting is a more intimate gathering one where they are preaching to the choir not the press or the public and a meeting where they can control who gets invited.

Just a thought, but discontinuing RCs if they cost more to produce than the donations they generate is definitely a possiblity.

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

The two new item's are not intended for the general public. and being for the past few years no print copies of new item's have been offered at EC's/DC's, it no biggie. The cash cow of RC's/DC's will keep going, the average JW will go no matter WHAT. They have and continue to be conditioned/brain washed, that it's all important to be there!!

I know families that go to more than one RC, because they have elderly parent's that are totally dependent on other for everything, and do not care how much of a burden it is on their families to take them!!

My wife's aunt, is a HUGH WET blanket to everyone, and is dependent on other's to get to the RC's. She never help's with the cost of taking her, but saved up all year so she can drop $200 in the box every year! We used to take her, but two years ago I told her, she needed to find another way. She's still trying to get us to take her.

Anyway it's no big deal when the new junk is released!!!!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

My GFs family are Pentacostals and believe it or not, they are ate up with the End Times theory... In some ways they are more annoying than Dubs.

Anyway, the Pennies are obsessed with praying for Trump and Kavanaugh and very concerned with all prophecies concerning “God’s People”, so the Dubs craving anything supposedly new and relevant is understandable, although sad.

People want leaders, it’s true. Sadly, most people want others to take responsibility for their lives and actions. There’s no shortage of charlatans willing to step in and get a free ride as the village Witch Doctor.

DD

• sir82
    sir82

maybe this is the move to get rid of or significantly change the RC. Spend a few years releasing the publications

at the annual meeting and the rc is no longer an important thing for the masses, then Boom! Drop or change the

rc and nobody cares. No new releases there anyway.

They will never drop conventions. hey are, by far, the most efficient money-makers they have.

Other than that thought, I think you may be right - there may be some sort of change to RCs upcoming.

If that is the case, my guess would the elimination of "big" conventions, and having 100% of them in assembly halls. Possibly cutting them from 3 days to 2.

The only other explanation for the change in tactics that I can think of is, that there were some last minute edits to the books and they missed the deadline to get them ready in time for RCs.

On the other hand, the new "School" brochure seems pretty non-controversial - what last minute edits could that have needed?

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

My thoughts are similar to Sparrowdown's. I believe the WBTS wants increased control over who initially obtains a hard copy of the new release. Correct me if I am wrong , because they didn't start this until after I was out, but isnt't the Annual Meeting a "by invitation only" event. Not all Witnesses are invited and non-Witnesses are definitely not invited.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Anyway it's no big deal when the new junk is released!!!!

Db, your missing the point. It IS a big deal, but only because its when they choose to release it.

I cant buy the editing excuse. They have 50+ years of practice with this. They know how to edit and prepare books for rc release dates.

And again the money thing dosent wash either. They already were not releasing hard copies at conventions. This is a weird weird move. The annual meeting is indeed invitation only and it wasnt simulcast to all halls. Why release these things so quietly?

I am open to all suggestions but so far nothing makes sense beyond a move away from the importance of the rc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit