International Freedom Fest going strong

by Mulan 114 Replies latest jw friends

• Angharad
    Angharad

Glad everyone got home safely. It was so great to meet everyone and see others again, we have enjoyed being here sooooo much !

A huge thanks to Joy and Steve for being such fantastic hosts and being so kind

• Mulan
    Mulan

Boo hoo! I got home about a half hour ago, and am heading straight for bed after posting this message.

The parties were so much fun and the costumes were a blast. Tracy, I will get my film developed tomorrow and post them by Wednesday afternoon I think.

I agree about Eman. Too creepy, but so funny to see him like that. The voice gave him away or we would never have known. He did his makeup like a pro!!

I sat with two ministers all the way from Memphis. Groan! I didn't get into anything with them. I have too much sleep debt to debate anything so I just listened to their stories about their meetings in Memphis where they conferred with Hebrew and Greek scholars and smiled a lot, and asked simple questions. Then I read my book or tried to sleep.

Cheers everyone.

I miss Florida and the gang so much...........................

• Mulan
    Mulan

I tried to sleep but can't relax. I guess because I'm home and have so much to do now, that I can't shut down yet. Oh well............it's only 2PM too.

There were so many there and I knew many of them already, but there were some definite highlights.

Eman and Christina were just so warm and easy to get to know. I missed them right away when they drove off.

I have to add here that it was so great to meet Simon and Angharad and their little boys. They are such a nice family and Simon is so humble and sweet, and seems unaffected by the impact this board has had on thousands of people. I did ask him yesterday how it made him feel to have started this and seen it grow so large. He said it was a bit terrifying. I thought that was a very humble, honest reply. Angharad is so pretty and quiet and just a lovely woman. And their boys are so cute even though I can't understand much of what they say. Their accent is very strong.

I also loved meeting Nina and Chris (Cruzanheart and Big Tex) and their kids...............a wonderful family and Sixofnine and his daughter who came with them. She is very talented and a very nice girl. I know now why they call him Sexy Sixy. His costume was possibly the most frightening because I thought he was a JW, but he was a politician, and his handbook was called "Reasoning with Republicans" and looked identical to another too familiar book we all remember. He even had campaign stickers he was handing out.

Outnfree is a doll!! Just a peach of a woman. Freefallin is the same................quiet but so nice, and she had a great costume too.

Karla (can't remember your screen name at the moment...............tomorrow I will) and her family were so nice.

Matty and Spice were a big hit at the Halloween party.............pictures soon. (a sweet couple too)

I hesitate to mention everyone just in case they didn't want it mentioned, so I will stop there.

Joy and Steve are THE BEST!! Everytime Joy went to the store she came back with a ton of food....................only every day!! We cooked constantly. And ate non stop too. What WILL you do with all that Halloween candy Joy, now that I left????

I can't believe that just a few hours ago I was standing on the deck outside my room at Joy and Steve's house, listening to the ocean breaking on the beach (it was dark at 4AM) and now I'm home where it's cold and there is no ocean.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    I did ask him yesterday how it made him feel to have started this and seen it grow so large. He said it was a bit terrifying.

Are you sure he wasn't talking about Farkel?

Sounds like you guys had a great time!!! We would love to go to this event next year!

• Jade
    Jade

After a 14 hour drive we are home safe and sound. (((((((((((((Joy and Steve))))))))) thanks for hosting a great party. We really enjoyed it. It was wonderful to meet new people and see others again. Take care!!!!

Annie

• Simon
    Simon

This has been an absolutely amazing weekend meeting so many incredible people. I am terrible with names so am not going to even try giving a big long list but everyone we met has been terrific.

Steve and Joy have been fabulous hosts - extremely generous and kind looking after us all and allowing us to use their home.

The kids have enjoyed playing on the beach no end and even 'sit inside on the computer me' has been out paddling and kiyaking (only got dunked in a few times too!)

We'll be leaving with some great memories and really sorry to go (why we're still here !)

• Englishman
    Englishman

Simon,

You still there you conniving old bugger? Get the bloody Hoover out and stop surfing!

Englishman.

• waiting
    waiting

lol = got home an hour ago......and my typing abilities resemble my sister's at the moment. Third glass of wine, dogs on the couch, laundry in, and I'm DONE.

We had a great time. Thanks to Simon & the lovely Ang. for giving us the opportunity and place to meet one another. If it weren't for them......we most likely wouldn't have been at Joy & Steve's.

If it weren't for Joy & Steve........we would have been on the board all this weekend instead of the beach (and inside with air conditioning.)

Thanks again to all.........it was truly a pleasure.

waiting

• think41self
    think41self

Hi Waiting,

As always, it was a pleasure taking in more of your "southern charm". You have so many stories to tell...so little time. Your husband is quite a hoot also...so soft spoken, but he's really a biker dude at heart, isn't he?

Looking forward to seeing you both at the next one.

Tracy

• FreePeace
    FreePeace

Hey Everyone,

I had a chance to read all about your fun time as I sit here in Hartford, CT. Damn, I wish I could have been there! I miss all the friends I made at the FreedomFest last spring. I hope to see you all at the next one.

Joy & Steve, let me know when you are planning another one so I can make sure I'm off.

I enjoyed meeting Simon and Angharad a week ago when they and Tracy, Dana and I had dinner near Tampa.

Take care and all my best!

Doug

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit