Watchtower Releases 2017 Grand Total Figures!

by darkspilver 48 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2

SBF and others who have asked:

I mentioned in an earlier post on this thread that some stats are available for each country on jw.org. The stats are limited to peak publishers and total congregations for each country where JWs are legally recognised (that is, banned individual countries are not included).

Go to jw.org under section in report entitled “Jehovah’s Witnesses around the world”. It provides links to countries - click and get peak publishers and number of congregations for 2016 - strangely they have not included the results for 2017 for individual countries.

• alanv
    alanv

My guess is that they will update those figures to the 2017 figures. But it gives very little away about what is happening to the org in any particular country. These are the figures for Britain for instance.

• 65,111,143—Population
    • 138,261—Ministers who teach the Bible
    • 1,613—Congregations
    • 1 to 471—Ratio of Jehovah’s Witnesses to population
    • Most witnesses would have no idea from those figures how the org is doing. And certainly glancing at other countries most would have no idea at all if they were doing better or worse than last year.
  • darkspilver
    darkspilver

1 to 471—Ratio of Jehovah’s Witnesses to population

Most witnesses would have no idea from those figures how the org is doing.

True

And decreasing. The year previous it was 1-in-457

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

The Fall Guy: With all their cutbacks on printing, Branches, and various other outgoings, they've only saved $11m?????

Where does it say that?

The only monetary figure the WT provides is the "$202 million in caring for special pioneers, missionaries, and circuit overseers in their field service assignments"

That specifically doesn't include the "printing, Branches" etc. How did you find out the saving for the printing and Branches - a mole??

TIA

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    dsp: Where does it say that?

oops...my reply was just based on FallGuy

eh, I be wrong

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

@ DARK - Assumed slimboyfat was quoting overall expenditure/savings for the year = "Also notice the financial figure is down: $202 million spent this year compared with $213 million last year."

Silly me, the org will never be transparent about its balance sheets.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

The Fall Guy: Assumed

"Assumed" can be a dangerous word.

I thought the $11 million figure you quoted was for "caring for special pioneers, missionaries, and circuit overseers in their field service assignments" and NOT for the "printing, Branches" etc

But I did not want to assume that, thus why I asked to check.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Your concern for truth & clarity is commendable. :)

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

Re: Publishers.

Don't forget that the elderly and disabled have the provision to count their field service in 15 minute increments.

An older JW might only report 15 minutes informal witnessing a month for 12 months adding up to 3 hours in a year.

But because of the fact that they turn in a report they will be counted as an regular and active witness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit