One of my many weird ideas -- Babies

by logansrun 47 Replies latest jw friends

• flower
    flower

Well now since youve solved the worlds overpopulation problem why not move on to something else? Ooo, I know, I think that if everyone had their stomachs stapled prior to High School we could solve the problem of obesity in this country.

Cool theres two major problems in the world solved Logan..were on a roll. What should we do about that pesky starvation in third world countries thing?

oh btw, what about all those 'unplanned' pregnancies who were welcomed into the world and became wonderful great leaders and contributed more to society than most?

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

In fact Brad, you've inspired a new business idea: "Expatbrit's Sperm Bank and Popsicle Outlet."

Expatbrit

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

remembered me of Michael Jackson.

I once heart, when his kids were born, he was pacing up and down, exactly as he did when they where conceived....

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Bradley,

You might want to consider the new options of male birth control for your objectives. It looks pretty promising.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/news/fullstory_14198.html

Male Contraceptive Success in Australia

Monday, October 6, 2003

SYDNEY (Reuters) - Australian researchers said on Sunday they had conducted a successful experiment using two hormones to suppress sperm production, which they said could lead to the first injectable male contraceptive.

Men in the trial of 55 couples received hormone treatment over the course of a year using a combination of the male hormone testosterone and progestin, which is used in female contraceptive pills.

Scientists from Sydney's ANZAC Research Institute and the Prince Henry Institute of Medical Research in Melbourne said the aim of the trial had been to "switch off" male sperm production.

None of the men's partners became pregnant during the trial and none showed any side effects. The hormone treatment was the only form of contraception used during the trial, they said.

"This is the first time a reversible male contraceptive that will suppress sperm production reliably and reversibly has been fully tested by couples," the institute's principal investigator professor David Handelsman said in a statement.

He said a testosterone implant had been injected every four months and a progestin had been injected every three months.

"This shows the way for a final product to be a single injection containing testosterone and a progestin which will easily be given by local doctors on a three-four monthly basis and still maintain male sexual health," Handelsman said.

Developing an effective and convenient male contraceptive has been difficult, in part because of the rapid rate at which men produce sperm.

A recent British trial showed promise but side effects stopped the trial.

Testosterone is often linked with virility but treatment with the hormone can suppress the production of sperm by reducing levels of hormones called gonadotropins.

Too much testosterone can have harmful effects, such as reducing levels of the "good" cholesterol HDL. Experimental male contraceptives often include another hormone, such as a type used in female contraceptives, to block side effects.

Skipper

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

I'm sorry, you are utterly serious, and I am LMAO. There is this great birthcontrol pill for men, I hear.....

-

Blue Bubblegum Girl

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

LOL mum, that's funny, pacing up and down when they were conceived,...

-

Blue Bubblegum Girl

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

Umm, what ever happened to safe sex? You should be slappin' the latex on each and every time. That should prevent anything from happening, especially if the girl uses back-up. And protects you from AIDS.

Free

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Great idea Brad,

Can I do the Vasectomy for you? I have just bought a new cordless drill that I am anxious to try out.

HS

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

It is just a little frightening to see how many people relegate the really important things in life to the imaginary land of "what if". Almost makes Bradley and his planning seem positively sane. Slipperyslopeheaded wussies.

• gumby
    gumby

Personally........being the handyman kinda guy I am........I don't see what the hell would be so hard about installin a shut off valve used at your discretion on your nutsack.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit