One of my many weird ideas -- Babies

by logansrun 47 Replies latest jw friends

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

vasectomies are actually have less complication then tubal ligation. Thunder had his and now we really regret that we chose to do it cause we wanted more kids. Wouldn't you know when he got clipped it cut all those lil wigglies off LOL

Bradley: I hope you make the right decision for you

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    Personally........being the handyman kinda guy I am........I don't see what the hell would be so hard about installin a shut off valve used at your discretion on your nutsack.

Gumby, are you by any chance in Marketing?

HS

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Gumby, are you by any chance in Marketing?

I wondered the same thing. Who can forget David Ogilvy's anecdote about "Don't Squeeze the Charmin" almost hitting the streets as "Won't Chafe your Nutsack". In his celebrated book "Ogilvy on Advertising", Mr. Ogilvy seemed profoundly disappointed that none of his clients ever chose ad copy (which he tried to include in every pitch) with the word "nutsack" in the headline, although he expressed satisfaction that he'd "snuck a few nutsacks into the small print".

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Just imagine a little logansrun, warms the heart, dunnit?

• gumby
    gumby

I wish my mom looked like that.....i'd still be nursing.

Gumby

• franklin J
    franklin J

Bradley,

It sounds like you are a responsible kind of guy. there have been some very good posts here about whether you should or should not go for the freeze procedure.....

I can tell you my experience based on having had the vasectomy....( although I did not have the need to freeze any sperm)

1) the urologist did a physcological profile ( and a physical exam) to see if I was a candidate for the "procedure"

2) I was 42 years old and had 3 children and a stable marriage

3) I signed a form, acknowledging items #1, #2, & stating I was aware that the procedure was irreversable ( so they say, anyway). The procedure itself takes all of 10 minutes and is totally painless, in my case, with no down time.

It was a decision that my wife and I made together, and it seemed like a responsible way to practice birth control.

Two things to remember,----my wife was part of this decision----and we already had established our family ( children).

Give yourself some time prior to taking such a drastic step.. Please remember that these days, pregnancy is not the issue---AIDS is far more overwhelming--and the vasectomy will not help you there.

best of luck,

regards,

Frank

• Zoewrex
    Zoewrex

Bradley - I think it's an excellent idea which needs to be considered seriously. Other forms of BC are 90+% effective and the one you're considering is 99%. Honestly now you aren't married and you really don't have to take your 'wife to be' into consideration only because it's something that came before her (ahemm). Anyhow I would look into banks and see which one is least likely to scew things up and proceed from that point on.

Good Luck

• logansrun
    logansrun

A couple things:

First off, I confess I am not "seriously" considering this. It's a wacky idea that I like conceptually -- but I'm not ready to plug my plumbing! All the same, as a great teacher once told me, "There is much truth said in jest." Maybe I should consider this after all?

All this talk of AIDS, sheesh! I wasn't suggesting that having this idea performed would mean I could just do whatever. I meant it as a further precaution against pregnancy -- in cunjunction with condoms.

Condoms are an almost foolproof method for birth control and STD prevention IF USED CONSISTANTLY AND PROPERLY. This is something I have always done and will continue to do.

That's it.

Bradley

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit