tattoos...did you rebel and get one?

by morty 47 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Since I left the borg about 4 years ago, in order to rebel I had to not get a tattoo

Six~ w/o a cause class

• morty
    morty

dude,

You have some nice work there....very lady like...I like it alot...The toe is one of the more sesitive part to be done...

Lapuce,

That is awsome! Did you come up with that one on your own?Where did you get that done? THe work and details in it is remarkable!

I think tattoos are sexy.........

I dont have any pics but...I have a dove on my back with my hubbys name in it...I also have a tribal band around the top of my arm,close to my shoulder with beautiful bright colors in them......I love them and would be happy at 80 in my rocking chair,sharing them with my grandchildren...lol

mortons68

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Interestingly, the Awake just had an article on tattoos. Don't have it in front of me. As I recall it said, article hinted that it could be a personal decision. However, a Christian would not want a tattoo because of pagan origins. It also quoted a scripture about not making cuttings on the flesh. It said that although it is true we are not under the law of Moses, this should be a very "sobering" scripture. (I looked it up and it was right after the one about not cutting the extremity of your beard. That should be sobering too?)

An article right next to it talked about pinatas. It mentioned that it had origins in the worship of the sun god and religious holidays. However, it was OK for Christians because people today don't usually associate the pinata with false worship.

I thought it was interesting that in one case pagan origins meant it was not OK for Christians and in the other case it was just fine.

• blondie
    blondie

I just saw Mystic River and Sean Pean has a huge cross tattooed down his back (amongst others). I wondered if they every got in the way of a character he was playing.

I hate needles, I hate needles, I hate needles. I can endure one for a shot but not over an extended period of time. We did put on some fake tattoos, barbed wire around the arm and a black panther for me. That freaked some people out because they looked so real.

But no tattoos or piercings for me (except for my pierced ears).

Blondie

• invictus
    invictus

I became witness when I was 25, so I had "life" before jws; after leaving jws I just went back to what I used to do.Tatoos were never my thing,but I allowed my kids to try stick- ons because I had those when I was young. If I ever wanted one I would probably go for henna tatoo, they last about 6 weeks.

btw Lapuce, that`s neat looking tatoo with a powerful message.

Invictus

• Smyler
    Smyler

I wanna get one too.. probably on the back of my shoulder. I'm not sure of what tho.

• franklin J
    franklin J

no, never wanted one.

• Beans
    Beans

I'm glad I waited till I was older as I made the right decision compared to what I would have gotten when I was 16.

• Lapuce
    Lapuce

Well yes I did get alot of questions on where the design comes from, its actually 2 pictures that do one, the Angel is from a a Japanese Magna called Angel Sanctuary and the stone originally I wanted to do a watchtower, but it would have been too expensive and very large, since it was my first tattoo and I wanted somthing that was about me, I asked the Tattoo artist to draw me something smaller yet that I could put the tetagram on, thus comming up with the base. He said he saw many angels but never one like that. Thank you for all the positive comments, Will I get another tattoo, perhaps in a few months, this time I want one on my arm, the right one probally, I'm thinking of a mermaid, and will probally be it as its another big one taking the upper half of the whole arm. I got it done in Brossard on the south shore of Montreal. It cost by the size of it $240.00 CDN and it took about 3 hours and a half. took a 15 minute break half way. It was my birthday gift.

Anyone know the date of the Awake with the tattoo article, as my ex told me the society never allowed them, and she is a dub, I guess she must have missed that one??? or someone could maybe post a scan of it.

Lapuce

The dimension of it is about 7 X 5 like a large print. I would have gotten one in the back but I'm too hairy on my back, but not my legs or arms.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    I really rebelled as you see, especially at the inscription and the stone well it represents the WTS.

Have any JW's spotted it?

My daughter in law's mother got a teardrop tattoo on her ankle after her son was killed in an accident. She was an active JW. I pointed out to her that we weren't supposed to get tattoos and she said "they say a lot of things". I should have realized she would eventually leave them, and she did.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit