tattoos...did you rebel and get one?

by morty 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

I think I am too old. I know lots of people have gotten them though. They look neat...............but it's a final decision, and for me, styles change too often for me to risk it.

Oh yeah..................also the pain................I'm a wimp.

• Princess
    Princess

Take a chance mom!

I got one last year. I love it and so does Steve...it's his signature surrounded by stars, on my hip.

I'm now searching for an idea for my next tattoo. I think my ankle this time. Something to do with running or endurance...

• Mulan
    Mulan

how about Mercury's wings? That would look neat.

Where would I put a tattoo, Princess? On my hip, it would "wobble" and your Dad would not like one that was visible..............not on his wife. And it would hurt.

• jwbot
    jwbot

Yes, I have one, it was not a rebellion thing though, I just wanted one! I had it for a few years now and I love it. I will get another one soon when I have the money. To me, it is an investment that costs good money for a good artist to do it, and of course, you have to like it since it is staying...

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Jess I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we'd love to see your tattoo now and photos of all potential tattoo areas

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

About 10 years ago, while still an active sister, I pierced my nose. At the time, in my small town, that was pretty radical. Well, Sister Presiding Overbearer did not like it and had her hubby and 2 other elders talk to me. Under much pressure, I ditched my tiny ruby stud. Man, did I cry, to think some awful woman with a horrible hairstyle, who wore knee socks under her dress to the meetings, should hold such power over me!

So 1 year later I came in with a 3 inch diameter radiant star, in shades of blue and violet, tattooed on my upper chest, just under the hollow of my throat. With all but the highest necklines, it's on full display, a symbol of power on the chest of a buxom feminist. When the presiding overseer told me to go wash it off, I licked my finger and rubbed the tattoo to demonstrate its permanence. There was not a thing they could do! I even showed them an article stating that, while undesireable in Christians, tats were a personal decision. I took to wearing v-neck dresses that accentuated it all the more. No wonder they don't seem to care that I don't go to meetings anymore!!!!

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

i got one but i didnt consider it a rebellion of any kind. tattoos are so commonplace now that its hard to feel rebellious getting one. i just love how tattooed skin looks, and i think theyre beautiful. :)

• Odrade
    Odrade

Not yet.... SOMEONE (Luna) is supposed to be designing one for me...

Odrade

• 76crash
    76crash

I got one before I left, in a hidden place of course! It was a really small purple flower on my hip, looked like a mole really but too me it was my way of rebelling without making it public!

For my 25th b-day my friend bought me a new one, which covers my little flower- it's is about 10 times the size. I figure I'm due for another when I turn 30. My philosophy on tatts is to never get one that you won't still like when your 80!

• eyegirl
    eyegirl

i got a very small one on my toe the first year i was out. just a small sign of rebellion, but i love it and get compliments on it in the summer. i'm hoping to get a larger one on my lower back sometime this year--one to symbolize my brother, sister and me. we've gotten so close the last couple of years, that one would really be special.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit