Why Did God Call ME Out of the Watchtower?

by stevieb1 57 Replies latest jw friends

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Abaddon;

I spent the last hour writing a response to your last post, and lost it all with the click of a mouse. This sucks. I'll get back to it as soon as I can, but it may not be for a few days...sorry.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

I've had the same thing happen to me; now I normally use Notepad, but I still get stung by MSIE at times.

Thanks for letting me know.

All the best

• archangel01
    archangel01

to Gumby,

I don't know what you have been threw but you must be in alot of pain. I'm just trying to help that's all. In the Bible God knows the Beginning an End of things. So he knows that not all will follow Jesus but follow blindy the lies of the Devil. The fact that the free gift of eternal life is opened to all means there is hope. Just that a person may make a choice which there is no turning back, an once you die that's it then comes the jugdement. So even thou this gift is open to all only few find it or want it for that matter. That's the best way I can explain it. Please Don't give up on God, it wasn't his fault it was wicked mankind that gave you the wrong gospel. Now you have a chance to do it right an make your peace with God. Jesus is God, so please go in prayer an ask God to help you see things his way. I will be praying for you and if you need any help please e-mail me or leave a message.

In Christ

Michael

• archangel01
    archangel01

Hey Gumby read above, what I wrote you

• DJ
    DJ

There is a big difference between a person who is sucked into a cult and taught that they have to stay or else... and that they may need to give up the life of their child if they get into an auto accident and need a forbidden "fraction" and forbidden to have a holiday or a loved one over who has differering beliefs and that wind chimes are evil and so is everyone except them......ETC..........................and a person who loves Christ and has been set free. No comparison.

Abbadon.. you feel that the opposing posters are being helpful who equate the mentality of a jw with the mentality of a Christian?? lol.

All that a Christian is responsible to do is love others. You need to get us out of that?

• Dansk
    Dansk
    Christians, who think they are now free after leaving the Witnesses, have simply moved from one jail cell into another.

I can't help feeling that JamesT is right on this.

Ian

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

(Speak of the Devil)

"All that a Christian is responsible to do is love others."

If only this were true. The first responsibility of a Christian is to accept Jesus as their savior; then, they are to love others. Sounds good at first glance. The problem here is that this great Christian-love is based on exclusion and condition. It is an imperfect love that reflects the constricted and narrow nature of religions -- Christian and other -- rather than the unconditional Oneness and openness of Divinity. A husband is abusive when he gives his wife this choice: Do what I want, or pay a price. His love is conditional. He does not accept or love his wife simply because she is the unique and wonderful creature that she is; no, he loves her for what he can get from or out of her. The husbands "love" is not true. It is not real love. It is blackmail, abuse, psychological rape. The wife may say she chooses freely to serve her husband. In voicing this she keeps her sanity by having a sense of at least some control, when in actuality there is none. Control was ripped from her when her husband levied the "price". As humans we are fragile and easily harmed, hurt and killed. This "price" that the husband holds over the wife's head for disobedience takes advantage of her physical and mental fragilities and weakness'. Her deepest instincts of self-preservation come into play. She may do most anything to remain physically unharmed, and keeps telling herself and others that her marriage and relationship is healthy and loving, so that she may not be psychologically destroyed. On a human level a marriage as this is an unhealthy situation, and sadly all to normal. However, when people blindly accept and attribute these same conditional and ill qualities to God are Source, this is down right repugnant and nauseating to some of us. But yet, it is understandable. The human mind wants to know it's Source. However, the finite mind can not begin to grasp or comprehend the Infinite Source of all. So it creates it's own gods in the likeness of itself with all it's idiosyncrasies and imperfections. Now these mentally engraven images it can understand! It ingeniously blinds itself to the fact that these are but reflections of itself so that it may openly cherish, embrace and love them as if they were real and true. What we have here is: spiritual masturbation. Temporarily satisfying, but ultimately, not the Real thing. All of us have the innate ability to discover pure and unconditional Love and Oneness at the core and center of our being. But we need to see past our tiny, conditional human creations. This is too high a price to pay for most. I mean what would I do without my Jesus, my Jehovah, my Allah or my(your favorite gods name here)? We would rather stop and worship these warm and familiar, carnal creations -- that blind us. So, Mom was right. Masturbation can make you blind. j

• rem
    rem

JT,

I just have to say that though we may disagree at some fundamental level about the existence of 'god' (depending on the definition), your posts are right on.

rem

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit