Do You Support Trump Being Impeached Again?

by minimus 76 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe you can be impeached and run for office again. Remember, Trump was impeached and it didn’t affect his ability to run again.

• TD
    TD

No, I don't.

• minimus
    minimus

No you don’t what ?

• millie210
    millie210

You may be right min....this whole situation is turning us all into constitutional scholars!

Someone here will know...some of the best minds around post here - I am so appreciative!

• millie210
    millie210
    Simon

By any objective comparison, anything Trump said was milder, certainly no worse, than what many many other politicians have said, most of them on the left. They have actually called for violence and when the violence happened they claim no responsibility for it.

Recent statements by liberals:

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    Trump never called for violence. If you think he did, you have been played by the media and social media companies. They took down the videos of him calling for peaceful protest and then claimed he was calling for violence and then do the same for anyone who points it out.

Turns out that the speech he was giving wasn't even over yet. The QAnon group, mixed with some other leftist types (has been confirmed now), breached the capital building before the bulk of the Trump supporters arrived. Trump said explicitly he wanted his group to peacefully (using that word exactly) move to the capital so that those inside could hear the crowd sing.

I've been learning more about QAnon lately. I swear, I don't think even a fraction of Trump supporters even care about this group. This is nuts. I am getting the overwhelming impression that QAnon is to Trump as Scientology is to science.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe you can be impeached and run for office again.

If removed by 25th Amendment: Yes, He can run again. When removed through the 25th Amendment, a president is not disqualified from running yet again.

If removed by an impeachment conviction: It depends. When impeaching someone, Congress does have the constitutional authority to disqualify that person from future office. However, there have been occasions when Congress has decided not to disqualify someone from future office.

If the president were to be impeached and convicted, his ability to run in 2024 would depend on whether Congress decided to disqualify him or not.

• minimus
    minimus

It would take an act of Congress but if he’s never convicted by the Senate, he couldn’t be because no trial can occur to bring out all the facts in time while he’s still President.

• minimus
    minimus

It’s like being disfellowshipped after you die. no can do...

• millie210
    millie210

thank you pistolpete!

So it isnt a hard no on running again if one is impeached.

This makes it even stranger as to why Pelosi is riding her horse so hard.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit