JWZone website hacked??

by sf 106 Replies latest social current

• onacruse
    onacruse

invictus, I was wondering the same thing. I'll have a copy in a couple of days, and post what it says (unless somebody beats me to it )

What I've heard (just a rumor) is that the WTS has made some kind of 'official' request that all JWs remove their websites.

If so, an interesting development, eh?

Craig

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Woah cool! The Sysop must've turned apostate, or everyone else turned apostate, or the site has been hacked.

Jehovah has surely blessed his intenet users.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

What exactly was JWZone and what's up with the Nov. 1 WT?

Was JWZone supposed to be a "legit" JW web site?

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim
    Do not hope for a return here, even if it may appear later the zone has been restored. It will be a very different place!

It seems that the domain will remain and that some sort of "restoration" is in the works. My first thought is that the boys have gone "apostate", but if so, why would they warn the participants not to return?

This gets curiouser and curiouser......

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

This is my "educated" guess....

They've eliminated JWzone to protect other JWs from apostates. The domain is probably up for sale, and they're aware that some apostate could buy it and pose as an authentic JW site.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    that some apostate could buy it and pose as an authentic JW site.

Dammit sens!! Why did you tell Nos about my plan?

• invictus
    invictus

onacruse - Craig,

thank you for your prompt response - looking forward to read new" theocratic gems".

thanks again.

Invictus

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage
    I'm just surprised the logic bomb I left on that site activated so quickly!! It wasn't supposed to go off for another few hours!!

LOL!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I think the Society is trying to put the kibosh on all JW internet activities. I hadn't heard this about the Nov. 1 Watchtower but it is reasonable to extrapolate that there is an article regarding JW sites. It was really only a matter of time, there is no way the old men in Brooklyn would tolerate something like this.

But I also think it says a lot about how frightened they are about open discusison on the Internet. It also says something about sites like this one. Perhaps we are making more progress among the rank and file than we've realized.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Craig...I'm definitely interested in seeing what this November 1 WT says!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit