Owe Raymond Franz my life anyone else??

by Witness 007 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

So imagine a Governining body member faithful slave who's uncle wrote the New World translalation bible and predicted 1975 would be armagedon writes a book in 1980 that changed my whole life...thank you Raymond Franz for setting me and my wife free love this man forever. True pioneer! 👍 love ❤️

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

It was only after reading Ray's books that i really understood and was able to see clearly. Thank you Raymond Franz!!

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

When I was in prison for the neutrality issue I came across the James Commentary that Ray Co wrote, my journey started there.The book was so different from all other Watchtower material, no mention to 2 classes or gb adoration.Thanks Ray!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

A friend of mine read Crisis of Conchshells. He related some of the information to me when I was a Jobot. It made me think.

However, it wasn't that that finally got me to wake up from the Jobots.

It was food for thought all the same.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I think all active JWs owe it to Ray to read his book. Why is ok to read all the articles and books he wrote prior to Crisis of Conscious, but not CoC itself? Hypocrites!

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

I would thank Ray Franz personally! His book CoC what little I did get the chance to read was eye opening and confirmed my thoughts of Watchtower and Jw's all along. Nothing more then a busines hidden behind a religion.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Ray Franz took all the puzzle pieces that I kept finding down the back of the sofa and put the picture together for me.

All those things that were bugging me during my indoctrination, the things that caused the dissonance peaked my curiosity to read the book. The rest is history.

Thank you Raymond Franz.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

WITNESS 007:

I was already Out and into my ‘Fade’ from the Witness religion when I read Crisis of Conscience.

Reading this validated All that I experienced in the religion. It was an eye-opener to see the inner workings of the religion as experienced from an insider. His experience resembled a communist dictatorship complete with anonymous snitches. You never knew who your accusers were. How funny that what happens in congregations pretty much resembles what happens in HQ..The whole thing resembles a totalitarian regime.

All in all, it was a great expose of the JW religion and we can all thank this man for telling the world!

RAYMOND FRANTZ:

I loved that book Commentary on James. At the time I couldn’t imagine why they pulled it. Now we know why!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    I loved that book Commentary on James. At the time I couldn’t imagine why they pulled it. Now we know why!

I know that Mrs Ozzie loved that publication, so much different to the usual stuff.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Diogenesister Ray Franz took all the puzzle pieces that I kept finding down the back of the sofa and put the picture together for me.
    All those things that were bugging me during my indoctrination, the things that caused the dissonance peaked my curiosity to read the book. The rest is history.
    Thank you Raymond Franz

oh yes, Amen to that!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit