Owe Raymond Franz my life anyone else??

by Witness 007 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• Victor
    Victor

Raymond was instrumental but I read every book I could get my hands on. They were titled or written by James Penton, I was a Watchtower Slave, Barbara Grizuti Harrison, and others.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

During the past several days I have been reading the Crisis of Conscience book. For me one of the most interesting types of contents in the book is the evidence of WT literature being dishonest (including making dishonest claims of what its older literature said). Another one of the most interesting types of contents in the book is in chapter 7 -10. Those chapters pertain to false predictions and/or false presumptions in reference to specific dates, such 607 B.C.E., 1799, 1874, 1878, 1881, 1914, 1918, 1919, 1920, 1925, 1935, and 1975.

The book also describes what goes on in meetings of the governing body, but I currently have much less interest in such. However, if other people read that content they might greatly appreciate that content.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

1 Corinthians 3:4-6

Worldwide English (New Testament)

4 One says, `I belong to Paul.' Another says, `I belong to Apollos.' Does not that show that you have the spirit of this world?

5 After all, who is Apollos? And who is Paul? We both work for God. You believed because of the work we did. The Lord gave each of us our work to do.

6 I planted the seed. Apollos put water on the seed. But God made the seed grow.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Yet we thank God for them !

• Judgerussellford
    Judgerussellford

Always wanted to read it. Will add it to my watchtower library soon

• LV101
    LV101

Loved his books. I was already long gone by the time I purchased them. 'In Search of Christian Freedom' or something like that was also good.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit