Your Opinion Pleeease

by thankyou 51 Replies latest social relationships

• thankyou
    thankyou

JW girl Non-JW guy

Tenuous boyfriend-girlfriend relationship

What is more likely to strengthen a relationship?

(1) Greet her for the "New Year's Holiday" or not?

(2) Mention religion or never mention religion?

Thank you kindly !

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Just let go, dude.
  • thankyou
    thankyou

Thanks OneEyedJoe

I wish it was that easy

• freddo
    freddo
    No, really. Just let go.
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

It can't work, and it won't work!

She has to give up the Org or the guy. I'd bet it's the guy.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I don't see why it can't work or why she might not choose you over the religion, many do. Especially if you are both young. Most people who grow up JW do leave.

Happy new year? Why not? Many JWs do, it's not the same as Christmas. But if you're worrying about such small things I wonder how well you know her. If she really likes you I don't think she's worrying about whether you say happy new year or not.

I wouldn't talk to her about religion unless she wants to. Pretend it's not an issue bless she makes it one. She may decide it's not an issue... if she likes you enough. So you should focus on whether she likes you and not the JW technicalities. That will take care of itself one way or another.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries
    Won't work, either you join or she leaves. If you join, then know it's forbidden to have fun and enjoy life. You'll be guilted on anything remotely fun in place of 'service' and 'study'.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Why are people saying it can't work? We know people leave the JWs all the time, especially because they meet people in the world, and especially as teenagers or young adults. It is so common I find it utterly baffling why newbies are often told it can "never work". It can work, it does work all the time. You just need to work out if the person likes you enough either to leave or to break the rules for you. In fact many young JWs seem to be waiting to meet the right worldly person as a good excuse to leave!

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

SBF - look at his posting history... It's not the type of situation that looks promising at all.

I know it's not easy to let go and move on, but I promise it'll be better in the long run, at least in your case from what I've read. You're volunteering for a world of heartache when you have no obligation to this girl. This cult has ended marriages... You trying to stay in touch with this girl that's tried to separate herself from you is not a situation that's likely to work out for you.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Well if she's not interested that's a different matter. It's not a JW issue, more a boy/girl issue.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit