Ramapo

by Mit123 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Well Tuxedo is an exclusive area with million dollar plus homes Warwick/Ramapo not so much. Nice area but they will not get the same return they did from Brooklyn is all I am saying. I mean WTBTS bought that property in Bklyn back in the early 1900's and sold it for.... billions possibly is what we think?

The Warwick and Ramapo properties were built where there were trees and is not at the moment nor ever was zoned for residential so I would think that they would need to find a specific client to purchase it. The gain will not be nearly as substatntial as it was when they left Bk Hts where real estate deveolpers were lining up to grab that VERY desireable location.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

re: Cutting down trees

They apparently got a $1 million grant from the state for submitting an environmentally-friendly site design, with some solar and geothermal power options. New York is pretty strict* when it comes to environmental regulations; I would not be surprised if they will plant some additional trees when all is said and done.

* And by pretty strict, I mean really really strict.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

.....for a religion which boasts their ''God'' will 'ruin those ruining the Earth'. They cause a lot of environmental impacts.

Like cutting - down trees & pollution and stuff.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

are they building this Rompo place because jehovah told the GB to do it ?

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

stan livedeath, ans: yes...Jehovah told them he needed videos to teach the resurrected ones

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Looking back, these sorts of projects are what keeps a lot of JW's thinking they are part of something big and important.

They promote the idea of unpaid, volunteer work as a goal equivalent to working alongside God himself. For all the rest that cant volunteer, they will post regular updates so that everyone feels included.

When its done, they want all the JW's to make a pilgrimage and donate.

• Listener
    Listener

Wally from YT JW Thoughts did a video recently on a $1 million award that was given for the residences being developed as part of the Ramapo compound. Because of applying to enter this competition they were required to list the cost of the project.

These are the details

Comprising 645 market-rate units, The Residences will feature mass-timber structural systems (reducing embodied carbon), green roofs, and an energy recovery system on the building’s drain system. Heating and cooling are centralized from a closed-loop geothermal system comprised of 280 wells at 800-ft depth, the largest to date in New York State. Aggressive heat recovery strategies and use of on-site renewables (3,200 KW photo-voltaic system coupled with utility grade battery storage) are all managed by a behind-the-meter micro-grid control through high-efficiency systems. This results in an attractive, functional and energy efficient design that will achieve Carbon Neutral-ready performance.
    The building will be designed and built to achieve ENERGY STAR and LEED standards.
    REDC Region: Mid-Hudson
    Completion Year: 2027
    Number of Stories: 5
    Building Gross Area: 735,020 Square Feet
    Housing Units: 645 Market Rate
    Total project cost: $168,000,000.00
    Total project cost per sq ft: $228.57
    Climate Friendly Carbon Neutral or Future Electrification
    Certification Pathway: ASHRAE 90.1 2016
    Health, Resiliency, and Sustainability Certifications: LEED Certification, ENERGY STAR MFNC
    Technical attribute summary: All Electric, Net-Zero Energy, Hybrid Mass Timber, Mineral Wool Insulation, Rigid Insulation, Double Pane Windows, Central Plant with Heat Pump Chillers, Ground Source Heat Pumps for Cooling, Heating, and Domestic Hot Water, and Electric Boilers as back-up, DOAS with Enthalpy Recovery Wheel + 4-Pipe Fan-Coil Units, MERV 13 + MERV 8 filters, Vented Electric Clothes Dryer, Electric Stove, onsite Solar PV with a capacity of 3,275 kW, Battery Storage, Building Monitoring System, Occupancy and/or Vacancy Sensors, Occupancy Based Setbacks for Heating and Cooling Controls, Indoor Air Quality Monitoring and Controls, Demand response management system, 40 Vehicle Charging Stations, Interior Bike Storage for 545 Bikes
    Non-Energy Benefits: Resiliency, safety and wellness of occupants, comfort benefit

This shows the cost of building 645 residential units at Ramapo will cost an estimated $168.000.000. This does not include the cost of the land or any other structures on the property, such as the studio itself.

There will also be a huge ongoing cost to not only maintain these units, there will be the cost of supporting those residing in them.

It's interesting that there will be parking storage for 545 bikes. At that rate, the JWs are going to look more like Mormons.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

The bikes part reminded me of the new city plans the elite want to build wherein everything you need is within 20 minutes of travel time. Then there is all this carbon reducing /green verbiage, electric cars, electric appliances ( no gas stoves and dryers)--sounds like info coming from the world economic forum. Who do you think they are trying to please, Almighty God or the so called elite of mankind?

• Listener
    Listener
    enoughisenough - Who do you think they are trying to please, Almighty God or the so called elite of mankind?

Winning the $1 million dollars and who know what other awards/competitions is their preference. No doubt they justify it as 'unrighteous riches'.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i wonder who is the brains behind all this Ramapo developement business is?

I cant believe its any of these Governing Body goons--they are just the front men--the stooges of the JW religious cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit