Ramapo

by Mit123 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

"Use the money to build a massive film studio or use to help the homeless and vulnerable? ""

Not in JW reality.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

The whole project seems in such bad taste.

A lot of bro's are now travelling extra miles to attend meetings because somone decided that the $$$ from their fully paid off halls would be better spent on other 'kingdom interests'.

• Mit123
    Mit123

How long have JWs been using videos? 8 years roughly. Has there been a huge increase in the numbers in those 8 years? Definitely not. So in their wisdom they decide to to spend 500mil on a studio to make more videos. It’s pretty obvious the real reason is to increase their real estate portfolio. Can’t think of any other logical reason from a human standpoint

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Maybe one day we will have "Dubland" complete with rides and immersive experiences. We have Disneyland, WT "museums. Sophia and Caleb are being almost merchandised in every Bethel around the world.

How a once misguided but sincerely held message is being trivialised!

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Mit123: It’s pretty obvious the real reason is to increase their real estate portfolio.

This is probably part of it, and I think it's why they sold all of that land in Brooklyn only to buy a bunch more upstate. They want to own land, but did not want to keep paying the exorbitant upkeep. And that makes sense.

But the extravagance they're displaying now is unnecessary. I get the impression that you have a group of old guys with a whole lot of cash and every idea that was pitched to them got a green light. They could build a bunch of sets for filming and a bunch of housing and some utility buildings for a lot less. But hey, any consequences of their decisions now will be borne by the next GB.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Just for me, what is ramapo?

My first reaction to this post was 'I like Ramapo: First Blood Part 2'

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

It refers to a complex that the WTS is building on a 242-acre site in the town of Ramapo, New York. It's where they are building their 1.5 million square-foot audio/video production center.

As I recall, they are expecting to have it completed sometime in 2025 or 2026.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE
    It’s pretty obvious the real reason is to increase their real estate portfolio.

The problem I see is that the Warwick/Tuxedo/Ramapo area of Orange county NY is not nearly as desireable and valuable as Brooklyn Heights. So they will have more of a challenge unloading this in the future if that is indeed their "scam".

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

A letter says theycut down trees. First step in saving the planet

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

XBEHERE, I think they already know who they are building it for ( and that isn't almighty God! )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit