the FULL EPISODE 'The Witnesses,' from 🇺🇸 US Oxygen

by NRKoppe 43 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

One of the parts I liked was when they knocked with an Order to get the files from that kingdom hall.

They were admitted and when they opened the file drawers- it was found to be empty. They walked away disappointed and then got an anonymous phone call (probably from somebody with a conscience) telling them to go back and serve the warrant again immediately.

They went back and voila! the files had been returned. I can only imagine the mad scramble as Brother Do as You’re Told hid the files in his garage until he was told to put them back. This kind of stuff is probably common with the Witlesses.

• Dagney
    Dagney

LHG - yes, that was presented well. And it's encouraging to know there are peeps still in willing to expose the organization for what it is.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Here is Gary Breaux explaining the Watchtower's two witness stance. He quotes Deuteronomy 19:15

15 One witness is not enough to convict anyone accused of any crime or offense they may have committed. A matter must be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.

Somehow Mr. Breaux omits reading:

Deuteronomy 19:16-19 New International Version (NIV)

16 If a malicious witness takes the stand to accuse someone of a crime, 17 the two people involved in the dispute must stand in the presence of the Lord before the priests and the judges who are in office at the time. 18 The judges must make a thorough investigation, and if the witness proves to be a liar, giving false testimony against a fellow Israelite, 19 then do to the false witness as that witness intended to do to the other party. You must purge the evil from among you.

He acknowledges that a CRIME can occur even if only one person has witnessed it. So, why doesn't the Watchtower Society pursue and investigate the pedophile claim any further? Why doesn't the Society let the parents call the police if their findings point to a crime?

IS THE REASON THE SOCIETY STICKS TO THE TWO WITNESS RULE BECAUSE OF LAWSUITS AND A STAIN ON THEIR NAME?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I just watched Part 2. It was very well done and gave a better picture to the public about the culture of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

Towards the end it showed Zalkin going to Warwick to try to serve papers. Naturally, nobody would see him and he ended up leaving a card. I hope all those lawsuits accomplish something. I’d be surprised if this elusive database still exists. I even wonder if the GB could be compelled to appear anywhere? I guess time will tell.

It was nice to see so many interviewed: victims as well as former-JW elders and whistleblowers. I was particularly impressed by the former elder who actually admitted they were instructed to shred files! I was also impressed by ones who broke into halls and stole files..before they disappeared.

Throughout the whole program I was struck by the fact that it is the Witness culture of ‘trust’ itself that sets up children without realizing it. I wasn’t raised a JW and would never have been allowed to be unattended as a child in the company of others! That would have been a No No.

It remains to be seen what will happen now but I am SUPER glad this arrogant religion is having all of its secret dealings exposed.

• LV101
    LV101

LHG - thx for your review. Was Zalkin PERSONALLY trying to serve papers on the Gov. goons? I heard him mention that at the close of the program last night and assumed he meant hired process servers. He must have been doing this on behalf of the program. If the GB are still in the country they can be served -- I hope.

The program starts here on the west coast in about 20 minutes.

• LV101
    LV101

This is mentally/physically exasperating to take in and I usually don't last 5 min. re/anything child abuse -- made it through most of the program.

I hope there's a miracle and the victims receive justice against pure evil - the WT! What a political leader in Pennsylvania. New York deserves to be commended for allowing a time period for the victims to come forward - Mr. Zalkin is outstanding and, of course, Barbara Anderson who has gone above and beyond on behalf of victims - thank the stars for her.

• was a new boy
  • cofty
    cofty

Excellent thanks

• arwen
    arwen

Thank you sooo much.

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

Thanks

Hope they stream gov body on the stand .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit