8 Year Old Can Decide If They Are Transgendered

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw experiences

• carla
    carla

Here is what Biden said- (I have no idea what this news source is, I just googled and posted the first one up)

https://thepostmillennial.com/watch-biden-implies-children-as-young-as-eight/

"The idea that an eight year old child, or a ten year old child decides—'you know i decided, I want to be transgender. That's what I'd think I'd like to be, it'd make my life a lot easier'—there should be zero discrimination," said Biden.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Please don't go Cofty!

This shit will be over soon!

• Earnest
    Earnest

Why not just listen to what Biden says before posting this nonsense ?

here

• Earnest
    Earnest

Apologies that the video I linked to above is not available. Here is a transcript of the relevant segment:

STEPHANOPOULOS: I want to get one more question this segment and it comes from Mieke Haeck. She's from state college Pennsylvania. This is your first presidential election that you're voting.

MIEKE HAECK: It is.

BIDEN: Hi, Mieke, how are you?

HAECK: I'm good, thank you. I'm the proud mom of two girls, 8 and 10. My youngest daughter is transgender. The Trump administration has attacked the rights of transgender people, banning them from military service, weakening non discrimination protections and even removing the word transgender from some government websites.

How will you as president reverse this dangerous and discriminatory agenda and insure that the lives and rights of LGBTQ people are protected under U.S. law?

BIDEN: I will flat out just change the law. Every -- eliminate those executive orders, number one. You may recall I'm the guy who said -- I was raised by a man who I remember I was being dropped off, my -- my dad was a high school educated, well read man who was a really decent guy.

And I was being dropped off to get an application in the center of our city; Wilmington, Delaware, the corporate capital of the world at the time. And these two men, I'm getting out to get an application to be a lifeguard in the African American community because there was a big swimming pool complex.

And these two men, well dressed, leaned up and hugged one another and kissed one another. And I'm getting out of the car at the light and I turn to my dad. My dad looked at me and said Joey, it's simple. They love each other.

The idea that an 8-year-old child or a 10-year-old child decides, you know I decided I want to be transgender. That's what I think I'd like to be. It would make my life a lot easier. There should be zero discrimination.

And what's happening is too many transgender women of color are being murdered. They're being murdered. And I think it's up now to 17, don't hold me to that number. But it's -- it's higher now?

HAECK: Yes.

BIDEN: And that's just this year. And so I promise you there is no reason to suggest that there should be any right denied your daughter or daughters, whichever one or two ...

HAECK: One.

BIDEN: ... one, your daughter -- that your other daughter has a right to be and do. None, zero. And by the way, my son Bo, passed away; he was the attorney general in the state of Delaware. He was the guy who got the first transgender passed in the state of Delaware and because of a young man who became a woman who worked for him in the attorney general offices.

• Simon
    Simon

"I'm the proud mom of two girls, 8 and 10. My youngest daughter is transgender"

Q: does this mean she has two girls, as she first stated, or a girl and a boy? Isn't she mis-gendering one of them?

"even removing the word transgender from some government websites"

Q: So does transgender no longer mean that someone wants to be the opposite gender, but some separate distinct category all together? If that is the case, they should have their own category for sports. That would solve a lot of problems.

• Funky
    Funky
    as doc says, this shit will be over soon

That's just the problem - it won't be over soon.

It doesn't end with the election, nor with the transfer of power, nor with the reversal of the majority in the Senate. About 65 million people will have voted for the loser, thinking that things have been wonderful for the past 4 years. And for a certain subset of the population, things have been "better" in a sense that is important to them. They've been given permission to hate again. They are, at least for now, no longer pariahs for expressing their bitter dark feelings toward the "other".

They're not going to change their minds overnight. It extends far beyond any one man in any one political party in any one office.

Things will get better. Responsible adults will soon be back in charge of the government. But the attitudes manifest by many in the nation (and reflected by some on this website) won't change as a result of that. Society can learn and improve, and I think eventually it will, but it's a long, slow (as in decades) process.

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

You're right of course Funky, I was only thinking with respect to this forum - and the possibility perhaps that we might get back to more WTS topics instead of a daily diet of US politics.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

looks like we have lost Cofty now too.

• peacefulpete
  • Simon
    Simon

You can always rely on someone to produce a webpage with a convenient "false" rating for some news. Sadly, these so called fact-checking websites are often very biased and so unreliable - they act as cover to allow people to change their answers in retrospect.

Biden's answer to the question of whether an 8 year old does meander a bit, but he clearly seems to indicate that it should be their choice. IMO any child making this claim has already suffered some abuse in the form of propaganda by some adults who are leading them to making poor life choices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1NWxf_vOYY

Kids love to please, and are easily manipulated as a result. The numbers now point to this being a scandal in the making which will cost many of them their lives. Some of the nuts behind this crap even claim that ALL children should be put onto puberty blockers until they can chose their own gender. Utter. Madness.

And Biden is all-in on it because it's predominantly a "progressive" (extreme leftist) policy position.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit