How were God’s true worshipers to determine virginity of pagan girls?

by Ireneus 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• under the radar
    under the radar

This whole concept is disgusting, and shows once again that the supposed "god" of the book of Jewish fairy tales is not worthy of respect, much less worship.

In those days, female virgins wore distinctive clothing that denoted their status as such. A "violated" girl or woman, even one who had been raped, could no longer wear this garb, as this would have been considered "false advertising." Similar to a soldier impersonating an officer.

Check out the appalling story in 2 Samuel 13, when David's son Amnon rapes his own half-sister Tamar. Verse 19 mentions her special robe, which she tore off after the rape.

By the way, the very special David, "who God loved," didn't even punish Amnon. "Oh well, whatcha gonna do?" It was another of David's sons, Absalom, who killed Amnon out of revenge a bit later.

Doesn't all this make you wanna fall down and worship the Divine Creator who favored such men?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Let’s be clear, some Jewish or Greek guys got together and pulled some writings from the library at Alexandria then did their best to make these writings fit their ideals and a story about a newly invented people called the Israelites. They then used a god their god at the time and molded these stories around their narrative.

The book of Genesis and its stories originated from Sumeria so they substituted the gods Enlil and Enki for El and an adversary. The story of Moses was probably lifted from a story a legend about the Hyksos. Sampson story was clearly a retelling of Hercules.

Parts of the book of Deuteronomy is older and pure propaganda about a god proping up Hezzekia but even this god maybe not the god we’re led to believe it is today since this king clearly had ties to Egypt. Some of the other biblical writings like the minor prophets were clearly talking about a Egyptian god and even parts of the book of proverbs was lifted word for word from and Egyptian writing. So in the end the stories about Israelites conquering pagans in the Levant and raping girls was some made up fantasy and the archlogical evidence backs this up.

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

While all of these "Divine" commandments are truly disgusting, and appalling in nature, the answer to the OPs question is simple.

The younger woman of that day, and in that part of the world, were known to be virgins by 2 simple "facts". One, they wore special robes/clothing that once they began menstruation, tradition compelled them to wear. This denoted that they were now ready for child bearing, and untouched sexually.

The second thing, was that they were simply unmarried. Any girl, within the usual early child bearing age, who was unmarried, and wore the robes/garments that identified them as able to bare child, were the virgins we are speaking of.

As the enemy nation was conquered, all were put to the sword, and all these young girls wearing these robes/garments, would have been rounded up, and held in captivity, until the conquering was done. At this point they were divided up, and chosen/picked, with the officers and higher ups in the military given first "pick", and then each lower ranking soldier picking until none were left.

Basically treated as cattle, or slaves, with no rights or say. Their duty was now to their new "husband". What a "loving" arrangement by Jah. Sounds like a bunch of Bulls#$t to me. All it was, was a listing of the "rules of war", for the nation of Israel, who pretended, in their writings, that they were some powerful all conquering military power. When in reality, they were a nomadic tribe, that occasionally defeated and plundered some even smaller nomadic groups they encountered.

On another note, it used to drive me crazy, back when i was younger, and i would question the barbarity of MANY of the acts in the bible, especially the Old testament, and i would be told that it was warranted back then because of the time period. That never made sense to me, though. Why would the chosen nation of the Almighty, One true God, need to have HIS nation lower themselves to the "barbaric" gentile nations around them, instead of leading by example, and ushering in a new way of doing things peacefully and amicably with all those around them.

Doesnt make sense, it just made Jah another pagan God, acting like every other God around him.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

"How were to determine virginity of girls?"

Simple!

You ASK them!

Virgins are compelled by God's Magic Spirit to answer all questions about their sexuality honestly and completely! - Fellatio 3:16

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

It may be an issue with circumcision.

They may have had a policy to cut the dicks of the Israelites more than needed.

So when a guy had sex with a "pagan" woman, and she asked him to "put it in," if he said I already did, then he would know that she was not a virgin.

Rub a Dub

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.” (Numbers 31:17, 18 )

I was never shown these type of verses during my Bible study, nor in my Sunday Schools.

If shown, Would have become an atheist sooner in my life.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

So disgusting!

It is amazing that we EVER thought that these sort of biblical things were acceptable!

• Perry
    Perry

Ireneus,

Did you read this link I posted the last time you posted something on this?

Because I think it clears up a lot of the misconceptions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit