How were God’s true worshipers to determine virginity of pagan girls?

by Ireneus 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Ireneus
    Ireneus

In the genocidal instructions supposedly given by God we find this interesting command: “Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.” (Numbers 31:17, 18)

In the midst of killing and plundering, how were the Israelites to determine whether each girl “has slept with a man” or not?

Interestingly, God declares, through Jesus, that He had not made any such commands (John 8:28; Mathew 5:28) which means they were all Israelites’ own claim.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Dueteronomy 22:15-17 indicates a "test". If your bride didn't bleed afterwards then she wasn't a virgin.

Its likely that in this case if the girl that was raped by the Israelite didn't bleed then she'd be killed.

Horrific isn't it?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

“Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.” (Numbers 31:17, 18 )

Spoils of war eh ? Virgins for the Victors

And don`t forget that God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son blah ,blah , blah,

How did I ever believe in this nonsense for over 30 years

• venus
    venus

Smiddy3,

Bible writers created irrational stories about God (rather misrepresented Him), and many lost their faith in God. If you feel “How did I ever believe in this nonsense for over 30 year” it shows the image of real God is active in you.

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

Werent bible writers inspired by god Venus? So then, it stands to reason, god inspired people to mislead others. Or, the bible is stories created by ancient nations and then mashed together over time. Inspired by the people to control the people.

Of course, people are free to believe whatever. Whether its true or just personal musings is a moot point however....

• venus
    venus
    GoneAwol

This is where some ultra Catholic Theologians make sense. They consider Bible as a book that contains both humans thoughts and God's thoughts. Verses such as Mathew 9:13; 25:31-46 are definitely God's thoughts.

They have no problem in identifying certain verses of the Bible as not inspired. For example, the world famous William Barclay offers no comments under John 3:13 saying it is not words of Jesus, but of John.

If you are familiar with world's mythologies, you would find much of the Bible is copy from others.

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

Agreed Venus, therefore for me, all scripture is definately not inspired by god, and cant be taken seriously.

• venus
    venus

GoneAwol

Though very few, I have found certain verses which help me tremendously in my practical life while interacting with others. Ever since I read Mathew 12:35, I have not asked the questions such as why they did this to me, why did she say this to me, why was I insulted … and so. It is a fact that when we give same degree of love to many people we receive varying responses from each one of them. Same school, same teacher, same syllabus—yet responses of students vary. Jesus got support and help from unexpected ones, from “many women” when he was being falsely tried and taken to the site of death sentence (Mathew 27:55, 56, 61) whereas the expected ones, “72 disciples” he trained (Luke 10:1) did not come forward. Interestingly, Jesus had already declared there is no basis for expected action/reaction from others because each person acts according to his delight/passion: “A good person produces good things from the treasury of a good heart, and an evil person produces evil things from the treasury of an evil heart.” (Mathew 12:35) In psychology we say people act/react according to the compulsion from things buried in our sub-conscious mind. Just like each TV Channel has its own passion (some are for news, some are for entertainment, some are for wrestling, some are for science, some are for nature, animals, spirituality …etc) each individual has his own taste/delight and activities; they cannot be the same as those of another. This realization is a great freedom and relief because we come to know that we are often not the object of others’ action, but we just happen to be the recipient of their action because we happen to be around them. They would behave the same way with anybody around them.

• blownaway
    blownaway

Shows the bible is not any better than the Koran, both books of the crazy

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Shows there is NO god of the bible.
    He didn't even know the human body.
    Or is happy to see innocent women (girls) killed or tortured.

While hymens can be torn during sex or other physical activity, they don’t “break.” These torn areas can bleed, but it doesn’t always happen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit