New approach to ministry

by Mikejw 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Mikejw
    Mikejw

There is a new approach to ministry where the direction is to just talk to people and listen to what they want to talk about. The new school for the midweek meeting is completely different and is all about the new approach

Even before the no reporting changes field service dropped right off. It was covid that changed everything. People never went back in any meaningful way. Ten mins door to door is about it. Evidenced by the fact that the territory maps are just not getting done.

Zoom ministry is just an excuse for a social club. Meeting in people’s homes is usually hybrid groups these days. The ones on zoom get to chat to ones in person attending the group.

The latest thing is if it’s a lovely day letter writing in the park. Yes that’s actually a thing.

Many just say ‘park witnessing’ which just means a walk around the park looking for people to chat to.

there is a new approach these days of just chatting and listening not even talking about the Bible at all first time.

in one of the videos a sister said she loves the new way, she just talks to people about anything and doesn’t bring up the Bible at all.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" there is a new approach these days of just chatting and listening not even talking about the Bible at all first time.

in one of the videos a sister said she loves the new way, she just talks to people about anything and doesn’t bring up the Bible at all."

Marvellous ! The Org. is determined to make it as easy as possible for J.W's to stay in the Org. This means that the ones leaving or becoming inactive, has them really worried. Now there is more incentive to stay, and do Fake Ministry, Report this Sham Time spent, and be counted as active.

Many, even though being aware it is all Bullshite will be happy to stay, as it is their Social Club, and they don't want a rift with family.

The funny thing is that in the latter years of being in and slowly waking up, this is EXACTLY the kind of "Ministry" I used to do ! I worked it that I rarely went D to D with another JW, saying I felt I had more conversations when I was alone at the door.

Admittedly I was more conscientious than today's JW's will be in the main, and turned the conversation toward what I was supposed to be there for on a lot of occasions, and placed loads of magazines. My Report was honest as to actual time spent, but my "ministry" would have been frowned upon by other J.W's had they known what I was up to. Now it is Officially sanctioned !

The Org. is struggling with retention, and losing, will this + beards help put a finger in the Dyke ? ( No, that is a metaphor, not a Euphemism !) LOL.

If this makes little difference to Retention, what will they ease up on next I wonder ? Their options must be small !

• Mikejw
    Mikejw

They have a lot more to ease up on. Blood, birthdays becoming conscience matters.

even smoking weed for medical purposes could become conscience matter

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

“In one of the videos a sister said she loves the new way, she just talks to people about anything and doesn’t bring up the Bible at all.“

Yes , these women are good at talking about anything, or nothing!

• Mikejw
    Mikejw

There is a real problem with ones who have pioneered for years thinking the congregation owes them something.

any tradesmen or tradeswomen or any goods or services should be cheaper for pioneers for some reason.

the Saying is they have pioneered for years so can you do them a favour or even give them for free.

the problem is the person losing money has also pioneered for years

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It won't do them any good if they continue insisting on mandatory coronavirus shots. The one time Tony the Turd did anything right, they booted him--for resisting mandatory coronavirus shots for the whole congregation. And I wonder if they are still wearing those useless face masks at the boasting sessions.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The face masks are still worn,,, in general. You see them around.

Id say about 5 - 10% of the population still wear them.

At the meetings,,,, the most paranoid dont even show up. Probably just tie into zoom.

The pandemic,,, was probably one of the most damaging things to this Borganization.

• Mikejw
    Mikejw
    The one time Tony the Turd did anything right, they booted him--for resisting mandatory coronavirus shots for the whole congregation

Where did you hear this? I heard the opposite. He himself came on the covid updates saying “go get vaccinated” and he said one church was so against Jehovah by saying the vaccines are from satans world

yes he really said those things

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Phizzy:

The Org. is determined to make it as easy as possible for J.W's to stay in the Org.

Have they tried… not teaching obvious lies? I’ll take my PR advice payment now thanks.🤣

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Is this official or is this just JW social media trying to convince people to go back in service? If official, that is a huge change but people will feel duped after the first time having a nice chat with a sister when they come back for their “date” with a bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit