I'm sick of being mistaken for a prostitute!

by Aztec 76 Replies latest jw friends

• Aztec
    Aztec

This has happened far too many times now for it to just be happenstance. Over the last year or so I've had at least 10 guys try to "pick me up" while I am out walking. If it only happened at night it would be one thing but, it's happened early in the morning as well. I don't dress skimpy and I barely even wear makeup. I'm usually in jeans and a ponytail. I do know the differance between this and a guy trying to hit on me. It just happened to me again today! Am I giving off some kind of vibe or what?

Please tell me this has happened to someone else...

~Aztec

• avishai
    avishai

Happens to me allll the time, azzy!

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Well, I've never had that happen but the hookers in KC have no teeth and I have a lot of chompers LOL

• rekless
    rekless

thank your lucky stars that you are a looker.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Aztec,

I am sure its nothing you are doing. There is a lot of those type of sick pervs around. Could it be the area you are walking in?

Will

• Odrade
    Odrade

Yup, used to happen all the time to me. If you are walking on main streets,(but not too main), around 8-10 pm, also early morning.

Jeans and pony tail or sweats and pony tail are the usual attire for prostitutes, unless they are working a serious red-light district. Check with the local police if the route you walk is a known pick-up area.

Walk faster, and don't look behind you (over your shoulder) very much. This is a signal. If you carry a small purse, or no purse, get a backpack. Your pick-up offers should back off a little.

HTH,

Odrade

• Aztec
    Aztec

The area I'm walking in? Hmmmmm Detroit....LOL! It happened to me when I lived in the suburbs too though.

~Aztec

Editted to add:

Thank you Odrade. That does help!

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

(((Aztec)))

I'm sure every woman that walks around a large suburban area by herself can be "mistaken" for a prostitute.

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

I can only wish.

cheeses - who would love to be paid for services rendered.

• Xandria
    Xandria

Note to self send Aztec a t-shirt that says: NO don't even ask!

X.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit