Stats just out: JWs in Wales decline (-3.4%) - COs primed for zero baptisms!

by Darth FayDehr 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• steve2
    steve2

Beth Sarim’s suggestion of inflatable publishers for baptism seems fair and just. It can be a counterbalance to the untold numbers of deflated publishers around the globe in recent decades.

• atomant
    atomant

l heard a rumour that the borg just placed an order for 1 million blow up dummys.

• Darth FayDehr
  • john.prestor
    john.prestor

In the article the author writes:

"This is more hopeful than it sounds. Rather than an Armageddon of death and fire, Witnesses say they believe the current, corrupt world will be replaced by a living heaven on earth, not a paradise obtainable only after death."

But Jehovah's Witnesses teach that Armageddon will be exactly that, death and fire for non-Witneses...

• Darth FayDehr
    Darth FayDehr

Yes, that raised my eyebrows too. The newspaper article also states:

some of their beliefs may come as a surprise.

You don't say! Er, an appealing mass homicide of all non JWs, the family-uniting love seen when parents shun their children, and the edifying truth that any type of education outside the cult is from Satan. Ooh..it's soooo inviting - let's all wax lyrical about these "beliefs"...

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

" When their are no baptismal candidates present when he asks for these to stand their is no need to ask the two questions or to say the prayer "

Isnt that a no brainer ? And they have only come out with that instruction only recently ?

Thinking back though when I was in I`m sure they did still go with that ritual !

That`s crazy .

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Inflatables ,card board cut-outs I can just see it now ,and with the writing department juggling the numbers and counting the rubber duckies in the baptismal pool ?

WOW look at the growth achieved !

O.K I`m being stupid here .but any more so than what the G.B. come out with ?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

They could start counting the overlapping baptisms from previous conventions?

Or allow baptism fractions: get baptised one body part at a time.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

In the "Wales online" they interviewed some particularly well educated Witnesses, including a New convert. One woman from a Welsh farming community said the singing prayers in Welsh makes her cry.

Well a Welsh choir could sing their shopping list and it would make me cry.

I'm glad there's a decline, I have a special fondness for Wales. But this though:

This is more hopeful than it sounds. Rather than an Armageddon of death and fire, Witnesses say they believe the current, corrupt world will be replaced by a living heaven on earth, not a paradise obtainable only after death.

Damned liars!!

Edit: sorry just noticed already mentioned

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Did you hear about the inflatable Publisher who took a short-cut while in F.S by climbing a barbed-wire fence, and got a puncture ?

An Elder remonstrated with him, and said, "You've let your family down, the Congregation down, and worst of all, you've let yourself down".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit