Stats just out: JWs in Wales decline (-3.4%) - COs primed for zero baptisms!

by Darth FayDehr 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Darth FayDehr
    Darth FayDehr

Figures from that latest 2-weekend convention in Caridff (Wales) reveal JW “growth” now in decline. Baptisms are discouragingly low (21, combined), and Circuit Overseers have been primed to deal with Assemblies where there are no baptisms; see these leaked 2018 instructions:

Does anyone have figures from other parts of the UK?
  • Half banana
    Half banana

Excellent! and didn't someone post that the figure for Scotland was 26?

• sir82
    sir82

Those instructions about "if there are no baptismal candidates" are always in there, and have been for decades - this is not some sort of unprecedented development.

I'm sure JWs are in decline, just don't read too much into the instructions that you see - assemblies where no one gets baptized are not infrequent in some parts of the USA and elsewhere.

• FeelingFree
    FeelingFree

I heard that attendance was very low over both weekends. 3000 on the first weekend and 4000ish (including the Welsh circuit) this weekend just gone.

When I was attending at the Millennium Stadium about 5 years back I'm sure there used to be about 10,000 on average? If so that's a massive decline! Here is a link to the press realese publicity article if anyone's interested, its horribly cringy.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/inside-biggest-annual-gathering-jehovahs-14991197#ICID=Android_WalesOnlineNewsApp_AppShare

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

What's occurrin in Wales?

Nuthin, apparently.

Way to go Wales.

• steve2
    steve2

Others have noted - and I can only agree - that merging congregations and selling off kingdom halls are not signs of growth but of decline - regardless of the spin JW organization puts on the mergings and sell-offs.

I can remember a time when their was a deliberate focus on building kingdom halls bigger than absolutely necessary because it was an era of growth in publishers and meetings were exceptionally well attended during the week.

That is no longer the case. YouTube videos of meetings often show more empty than filled seats. This for the organization is the new normal - particularly in Western countries.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Watchtower has and continues to loose credibility. The overlapping generations teaching is showing so many JW's that WT is moving the finish line once again. You can only cry wolf so many times. They can deny they ever touted the 1975 teaching but people remember.

The internet is destroying them. They may not go away but they are decreasing. Good news!!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''YouTube videos of meetings often show more empty than filled seats. This for the organization is the new normal - particularly in Western countries.''

Yes. Youtube videos of ''rivers'' of open seats in those KH's. Also, of mention, and others observed this people of the PIMI group. Those PIMI's were somewhat discouraged by the ''rows of empty seats'' at this years Be Courageous conventions. In other words convention goers ''disguised as empty seats'', lol

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

Maybe the GB (goof balls) can designate the first 20 rows at RCs to be filled, end to end, with inflatable publishers. LOL

Then they can have a part that brags about the newly interested ones.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''Maybe the GB (goof balls) can designate the first 20 rows at RCs to be filled, end to end, with inflatable publishers. LOL

Then they can have a part that brags about the newly interested ones.''

The guy giving the baptismal talk can mention the ''continuing symbolic increase''. He can then ''sell'' it by saying although we can't ''see'' the increase, it doesn't mean it isn't happening, the increase.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit