Hit Me With Some Snappy Comebacks Puleeeeeeeeze!!

by HadEnuf 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Inquiry
    Inquiry

Hi Had....

I'd just say... I know.....I'd miss me too...

short, sweet, simple and fececious as heck... lol. I mean.. what can they reply?

hope this gets to you in time...

Inq... of the wisecrackin class....

• micheal
    micheal

just do this

• Valis
    Valis

or this...well maybe after lots of jello mold and crab dip...ehehe

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Mulan
    Mulan

This is almost identical to what happened when our daughter in law had her second baby 3 years ago. Princess and I went to the shower. It was in a congregation North of where we were from, but we knew almost everyone there. One woman hugged me very warmly and asked what we had been up to. It all went pretty well actually, without too many uncomfortable things.

I always thought if someone said to me "I've really missed you", I would say "where have you been?" Then it's all on them. Why haven't they come over to see me, etc?.

Or ..........."and I would know that HOW?"

Seriously, I did have a married couple say that to me when they came to visit my mother. I smiled and said "thank you...........that's so nice to hear." I think they saw it as a way to start talking to me, and I "cold cocked them". They were speechless and went back to talking to Mom. Probably thought I would have a snappy retort and they would have an opening to "get me".

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

for all of you -

and yes myself then not a word or "I don't" when I know it is truly hypocrit ... then and I turn my back ...
    but there is a long time now that didn't happen I guess I know why ...)

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

LOL @ RunningMan!!!

"What, and return to the vomit?" when asked to come to a meeting.

I love it!!!! best!!!

ESTEE

• franklin J
    franklin J

hadenuf..

take the high road and play it cool..you are above and beyond all of them now.

You can afford to be the "classy role model" to all of them who are stuck.

you can show them by your example that you will not literally"be taken over by demons" when you make ( or try to make) a graceful exit from that religion.

Go for your son , and do not let them rob you of sharing this day with him. they just do not count anymore.

regards, Frank

• marriedtodamob
    marriedtodamob

If perchance they were invited to your daughter in laws wedding... Them: "We've missed you....!" (in cooing voice) You: "We missed you at the wedding....! (equally cooing voice) Retort #2: "Well, I was never lost..." Cheers and jeers, mobbie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit