Hit Me With Some Snappy Comebacks Puleeeeeeeeze!!

by HadEnuf 37 Replies latest jw friends

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Okay...so I'm invited to a baby shower for my daughter-in-law which will most likely be attended by myriads upon myriads of JW's. I won't go into the nasty details...but they've been married four years now and have another little daughter...their wedding was boycotted by most JW's because she was not baptized yet (but grew up a JW)...and my son was. So every since the wedding fiasco...they have been pretty much shunned by the JW's...and attend meetings infrequently. They never gave her a shower for the first baby...and now they've decided to have one for this second one...probably some type of "let's give them a little love and get them back in" project.

Anyway...I know that if I go (and I dread it but I love my daughter-in-law and I must show that I'm not afraid of all those ex-friends of mine who were never really friends in the first place) someone is going to say the dreaded line: "WE SURE MISS YOU!" Now my husband and I have been gone from the KH for over 3 years and we have had nary a call or visit from any of these people...which is a good thing but at first made us feel bad but now WHO GIVES A FLYING FART!! So...does anyone have any snappy comebacks for this hypocritical statement which will be issuing forth from JW lips? My inquiring mind wants to know...so give me your best shots...Serious or silly...it matters not.

Thank you for your attention to this matter of prime importance. Cathy L.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Arrgh. I hated that line.

I always replied with " Well we miss you too, and and it's not like you don't know where we live"

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

I ALWAYS say "Oh yeah? I miss me too." Then smile real big.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

That is sweet of you to say. But usually when I miss someone I call them.

• obiwan
    obiwan
    Now my husband and I have been gone from the KH for over 3 years and we have had nary a call or visit from any of these people..

Your reply: Funny you say that, in the three years that we have not been there, we've never once heard from you. We must not have been missed that much.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Yeah. I know you missed me, I heard the bullets go by. Are you re-loading now?

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

"Thank you for your kind thoughts. I understand why you haven't stopped by to visit. Gossip is more important, isn't it?"

• termite 35
    termite 35
    we sure miss you

' Really; I would'nt have guessed....'

' You should have said...'

' Is that why I hav'nt seen you? '

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

"Why?"

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

how bout- simply:

"Thank You"

or...

"Thank You, do you know where the restroom is ? I seem to be having a bit of gas" or.....

"Thank You. Are you gonna eat the rest of that?" or....

"Thank You. Do you know where they hide the liquor bottles in this house? I'm starting to have the shakes"

"Thank You. Oh my, what is that mark on your face? No, it's to the left a bit. You got most of it. No, it's still there.." (then watch them run to the bathroom to look for the mark on their face and you can move on to the next one to use pretty much the same lines )

hehehe. I know I haven't helped you one bit here Cathy but I'm in a reaallly smart ass mood today -going now.......

Hope you have a decent time at the shower. Just remember.... it's all fun and games until someone loses an eye !!

XW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit