Sisters as Ministerial Servants?

by Spoletta 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Richard O.the Church of England, Anglican church has female deacons, and priests. They are certainly mainstream.

Our local Baptist church has a female pastor, they are mainstream too.

Its fairly common in the UK and many parts of Europe.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I think that whole Ken Flodin speech is referencing the thing in the UK whereby they are now allowing a women to accompany the victim of any sexual assault into a JC to give evidence.

Its a poor effort to pacify the Charity Commission in the UK with regard to safeguarding children.

I think this is why they are talking about older women helping in the cong.

• Pants of Righteousness
    Pants of Righteousness

I can't see them making women ministerial servants. But they could use biblical precedents of women serving as judges and prophets to twist a precedent for the creation of a new class today acting under direction of male leaders.

The title 'helpers' has already been taken - so maybe a passive new title such as 'aides' or 'assistants' could give some perceived status but with male hierarchy remaining strictly entrenched.

Or maybe because the 'women are a large army', a military title could be given. Then they could set a goal to one day become a 'private'.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Richard

the qualities that are referenced in Timothy and Titus.

Regarding women, the only qualities Jehovah cares about are referenced in Numbers 31:17-18. Women should have their hymen intact. Otherwise, kill them all.

• ZAPPA-ESQUE
    ZAPPA-ESQUE

steve2 - Male egos in patriarchal organizations can be huge impediments to change.

Methinks tis the size of the impediment which determines the Males ego and attitude in the Borg ................lol

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi,

They would have to have a new light...but 1 Cor. 14:34-35: women keep silent IN the congregation, for it is not permitted for them to speak, last line of verse 35 says for it is disgraceful for a women to speak IN the congregation. And I know why ? The females got so much to say to whoever they sit next to during the service, what could be so important that it has to be said then, always digging in their bags, looking to look holier, sanitizer, then comes the lotion, oh yeah they have to offer you some, like you don't mositurize before you get there...I don't think this scripture is saying that at all...it's telling Women to keep quiet during the meeting....It said IN the congregation not to the congregation...I'm a witness and women can be very distracting, just busy, or antsy I should say. Don't let them have a hubby, oh my, it's like they don't talk at home...but if that particular day she don't want to talk & she is in her holy mode, shhhhh....happened to me...a sister and her hubby talked all through the meetings...about what I couldn't tell you, yet when I would sit next to her & said one thing, what a look, or If I sat next to someone & she was in earshot, she said, I heard you guys talking all through the service, you know we're supposed to be quiet during the meeting...it took all I had not to say, Really so when you and your hubby are talking.......but I didn't...Nerve

So back to female MS. They would have to provide a new light...I think I got one...it's in Gal.3:28, where it says there is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor freeman, there is neither male nor female, for you are all one in union with Christ Jesus (Not Jehovah: that's another Topic). If they still insist on 1 cor. they can say the understanding that Paul meant for females not to talk during the service, but after careful research and the Holy Spirit we now understand that Paul didn't mean they shouldn't teach. So we have a new light...which the holy spirit directed us to....Gal 3:28....isn't that wonderful friends....applaud applaud...then I would like to say your More'on it's not a new light, it's been there all the time, you just didn't want to use it...but you saw it.

Let's get this straight...no matter what we see at the hall...the males ain't in charge at home...Mama rules the home... and the hall behind the scenes...

Tor

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Pale.emporer Why the tea towel??She wasn't teaching. Sometimes I think witness women get a kick out of this submission shit. A bit like young, modern completely liberated girls in the west wearing the Burkha or scarves when no one in their family does. Is it a sexual kick. Who knows.

It came from some elders not knowing their arse from their elbow and not being sure whether it constitutes a mere woman being above a man in some capacity. The very old elders thought she should cover her head, the younger ones thought no head covering. So just to be safe and not to upset the toddler in the sky that gets very upset for no big reason she had to cover her head. Except we live in the 21st century and western women dont tend to carry head coverings nowadays. So it was either a tea towel from the KH kitchen or a cushion. She opted for the tea towel.

It was only for about 30mins though, as soon as my talk was over i was lead to the sound desk prompty by a spotty MS who is fresh out of high school yet cant fathom how to work a simple sound desk (its only a laptop with mp3s on connected to volume knobs for crying out loud - have a go!)

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Spoletta
    My wife has been trying to convince me that the Organization is hinting at the possibility of making some older sisters ministerial servants

Where are these hints? Is there anything published that looks that way? It would be an interesting subject.

• Saename
    Saename
    pale.emperor - So just to be safe and not to upset the toddler in the sky that gets very upset for no big reason she had to cover her head.

Toddler in the sky! Ha! It really feels that way!

MS who is fresh out of high school yet cant fathom how to work a simple sound desk (its only a laptop with mp3s on connected to volume knobs for crying out loud - have a go!)

I'd blame the elders here. They don't teach those MSs anything—except for how to preach and how long...

Richard Oliver - You would also have to make the same claim and criticism about many other religions.

And there he is! This WT sympathizer!

No, this topic is about Jehovah's Witnesses and their offensive attitude towards women. It is not about Catholicism, Protestantism, or any other denomination of Christianity. If someone wants to criticise other religions, they are free to do so, but this topic doesn't have to mention other religions. Fair criticism and impartiality are not about mentioning every single Christian denomination when we criticise JWs. We wouldn't have room for it. There are over 1,000 Christian denominations. Just like when someone criticises racism, they don't have to criticise sexism, homophobia, slavery, and every single other social issue in the same topic. That would be nonsensical.

Having that said, you should remember that members on this board do criticise other Christian denominations as well. There aren't that many of those, but it's for a simple reason: this board focuses on Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not partiality or unfair criticism. It's simple common sense. We don't have the time to criticise 1,000 Christian denominations. Other people on other boards are already doing it. One forum for one denomination. It's simple as that.

But I don't think your JW brain is capable of comprehending such a complicated topic.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Pale.empower So it was either a tea towel from the KH kitchen or a cushion. She opted for the tea towel.

Oh LoL , imagine having to balance a cushion on your head had their not been anything else!The things we women go through!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit