Jesus with an iPad. Really?

by punkofnice 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS were and still are commercialized false Prophets, so being they used to use literature to propagate their false teachings its not surprising they would use a different means of commercial propagation, a cheaper less costlier way. $$$

• steve2
    steve2

I thought that, by their own teaching about 1914, Jesus was already present. If he’s using an iPad, it is probably also invisible.

It’s a good thing he is said to be invisibly present, otherwise that beard and long garb would have to go.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

Well of course ipads dont cost the watchtower anything and they are preparing for the time when they cant afford to print any magazines at all

• TD
    TD
    At a local meeting, one of the Elders said that if Jesus were on the Earth today 'you can be SURE' he would be preaching by showing videos on a tablet.

Forgive my ignorance, but doesn't the tablet serve basically the same purpose in preaching as the old phonographs did in the 1930's? (i.e. People who weren't polished or poised enough in their speech relied upon them almost exclusively.)

Why would Jesus of the Bible need such a crutch?

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

I don't think he would be using an iPad to preach. In his life, people approached him without much preaching done, meaning the Sermon on the Mount was his biggest event. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) People approached him for healing themselves, their sick family members and others, and for meals from a boy's few fish.

Today, Jesus would have a more direct media than JW.org. Jw's think this is the ultimate; the society has a website. Big Deal!!! He probably would have a more direct media like Joel Osteen, satellite TV, and radio. Or, since everyone has smartphones, to send a message of hope when you are having difficult times, sending a text message just before you sinned, etc. I have to laugh at witnesses trying to impose their current habits into scripture based precedence like the early church members had book bags. Riiiiiight!

I wonder if Jesus would use Twitter or Instagram or any of the other apps to further his preaching work. Seems, he has personally been silent for 2000 years. However, if you want to consider other avenues than JW.org website, or their not at home to not at home then to Starbucks coffee work, or useless advertising with the carts while they use their smartphones while ignoring everyone, God is here every day in our lives.

If WTBTS owned an airline like Lufthansa, Jesus would have flown it exclusively. If WTBTS was a hotel owner, guess where Jesus would have stayed, in a manger? No, the approved WTBTS list of approved hotels. I guess he would have used Uber to get him locally from one place to another, all the while sending updates on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and we could go one but you get the idea.

I believe the WTBTS organization has truly lost their sense of direction, trying to point to themselves all the time and how they alone are God's sole channel to mankind in these modern times. If God does have a direct channel of communication to mankind, I hope they are on the right frequency, because it doesn't seem so with WTBTS. Just Saying.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Scratch When he lived, he preached using the latest methodology available in his time.

Careful Really? What latest methodology was that?

Hey Careful, it was called the mouth! Something dubs at the carts have forgotten how to use!!!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I have read an interesting mix of opinions and observations here.

It's great to know we can think freely.

My main problem is that the statement from the Elder is assuming that the WBT$ is the religion Jesus would say is the correct one.

Would Jesus be showing videos of the Governing body? Surely, it should be the other way around. Those fat cats in Warwick would have to get off their fat paedophile backsides and go preaching themselves.

Having said all that, I do not actually believe Jesus actually existed, at least not the way people think he did.

Carry on.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Jesus didn't even use an outline when he gave sermons. He had his beliefs inside of him and people beat a path to hear him talk.

And you know that Jesus didn't even use an outline, how? And what's your point anyway? That was the methodology of the time.

If a Witness says something ridiculous that demonstrates his thorough indoctrination, let "you people" have their laughs!

I agree 100%, that is, as per your words, If a Witness says something ridiculous that demonstrates his thorough indoctrination. That's not the case in this one. In this instance, you people are the ones I'm laughing at. You are the ones showing indoctrination.

BTW, this is yet another of those ridiculous hypothetical, never-will-happen scenarios that people in this forum for some reason get all worked up over them. There's no bigger sign of people being under the negative influence of the WT than this. Sad.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Of course, he would use an APPLE product, what do you think he is a fool?

I remember being the first elder in our circuit to use an iPad for giving talks, as well as district talks.

I did it because I could do tweaks up to the end without reprinting 70 times, and page count was not an issue, and font size could be what I wanted.

Then it became evil because I would be causing DIVISIONS cuz some friends cant afford a tablet.

WHAT F-ing BullShit it all was.

• TD
    TD
    ..this is yet another of those ridiculous hypothetical, never-will-happen scenarios

Isn't that half the point?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit