Is JW.org going Broke?

by Vanderhoven7 68 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

They probably have plenty of cash. The key is to always be building up the reserves and not having to use them too often. It may be that the numbers are looking a bit close and they are seeking ways to prevent cash drain in the near or long term.

It would be interesting to see how expenses have changed over time, but I doubt we'll ever see those. They still must have quite a lot of costs associated with running things from the NY locations (they are still in the midst of building the large campus at Ramapo, aren't they?). They don't have to pay much in salaries, but they still have expenses for housing and feeding the volunteers, and for keeping things running, etc.

They can only reduce expenses so much. At some point, they would need to build up revenue sources or risk a negative balance sheet.

• lancegalahadx
    lancegalahadx

I believe they are just getting greedier…

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I wonder how much they have to hand over to their handlers. ( my conspiracy )

• Nikolaus
    Nikolaus

In Germany, they are in a position that would allow them to have their „membership fee“ raised by the state as a „church tax“. So far, they gave resisted to use that right. I wonder if they are considering it on the long run.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Just as a side point. I wonder about those who were directly involved in the purchase of that house for Tony Morris? I wonder what went through their minds, with regard to the treatment Tony got as apposed to treatment other long term Bethelites have received. I hope it wakes them up.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Its hard to tell if the Borg is going broke.

They're very tenacious at readapting their business model.

It definitely has shifted from publications to that of real estate.

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

Oh come on! No way! They just upped the membership to $15.00 per pub in our area... thats hard cash going in from one congregation, and with 100 pubs thats 1500.00 a month ---not to mention how many more in Canada- every month, forever until they raise it again next year. So much for a monthly contribution but remember- no more mortgages to re do halls... what halls?

The pubs do not remember that this so called monthly amount to the org was to cover any renos to be done.(which we still pay for )...now its a membership fee= but pubs are not longer members of this organization - they are just someone in this organization! The word "member" has been removed from all org books....i.e. Shepherding

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Interesting that they don't refer to "members". Especially since they are a corporation. In the Australian Corporations Act, "member" is another word for shareholder. And shareholders have a say and a stake. And most organisations with members allow those members to have a say in how they are run. So not surprised if they are not members.

So what are members called now? Obviously not parishioners. Congregants? What is the word used by the WT for R&F witnesses?

• Ding
    Ding

Remember how the WT used to boast that they don't have to ask for funds because the brothers cheerfully and willingly contribute?

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    Remember how the WT used to boast that they don't have to ask for funds because the brothers cheerfully and willingly contribute?

Hey Ding get a load of this form that was passed out to JW family heads a number of years back:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit