Is JW.org going Broke?

by Vanderhoven7 68 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blondie
    blondie

As to going "bankrupt," I'm sure the WTS will have a way to semantically find a way to avoid that word, but not the reality. WTS says they don't tithe because they assess a dollar amount per publisher each month, and expect the congregation body of elders, pay that amount to the WTS. They make nice with words saying that if a congregation cannot afford it, that "other arrangements" can be made. Still tithing. Or that the anointed still alive on earth when the great tribulation starts, and the wedding of the Bride of Christ to Jesus (all of the 144,000 in heaven, can't have part of the bride miss their own wedding) happens shortly after what about:. With the GB made up of very young members, that would mean some would not die a natural death, and go to heaven. Is that the Rapture? I think so. With the WTS, it always about words.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Weasel Words most times.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I strongly suspect that the weirder decisions they make are the result of trying to defend “God’s Exclusive Earthly Organization” against threats to its survival…

…without having to acknowledge - even to themselves - that the survival of “God’s Exclusive Earthly Organization” can even be threatened.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Vidiot: that certainly is a paradox... 🤔

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

‘Course it is.

From their POV, however, they have no choice.

Shoring up the premise of “God’s Exclusive Earthly Organization” is paramount - at this point, without it, there’s virtually no incentive left to even be a Jehovah’s Witness. It is - by the WTS’s own internal rhetoric - its entire reason for existing.

However, the use of more conventional methods to resolve their problems (such as Chapter 11) come uncomfortably close to being - for all intents and purposes - tacit admission that the WTS is not God’s Exclusive Earthly Organization”.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    ThomasMore - “…They have attempted to hire consultants in recent years to evaluate their business and make recommendations…”

Wait…

…”attempted”?

So… unsuccessfully?

Or do these consultants advise them to do or say things the Old Guard can’t/won’t sign off on?

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Vidiot: sometimes problems become so ingrained in an organisation that you need fresh sets of eyes to even see them. I'm surprised that in an echo-chamber like the WT that anyone would even acknowledge that need. Not surprised that the old guard would resist any innovative or radical solutions. "Jehovah's earthly organisation has never needed to do this before!" 🙄

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

For decades, they’ve insisted on attributing every success the WTS has made to God’s favor…

…rather than the efforts of savvy businessmen, shrewd lawyers, or talented creatives.

Who’d’ve thought a half-century of buying into their own humble-hype would potentially cripple ‘em at the eleventh hour, huh?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    blondie - “…As to going ‘bankrupt’, I'm sure the WTS will have a way to semantically find a way to avoid that word…”

What I wouldn’t give to be a fly on the wall at that brainstorming session. 😁

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit