Is JW.org going Broke?

by Vanderhoven7 68 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Is WTBTS going broke?

Short Answer: Yes!

Long Answer: WT has lots of funds tied up in non-liquid (non-cash) assets such as Kingdom Halls, Assembly Halls, Branch Buildings, vehicles, equipment & etc. It actually takes a great deal of time & it can get expensive converting non-liquid assets into cash. And once that non-liquid asset is converted to cash...it's gone for good.

Ironically...WT's greatest asset is not the above list of items...rather it's the mizzly exaggerated 8.5 million rank & file members who for the most part are broke themselves. Not only are most rank & file members of little financial means...WT is losing thousands of its rank & file membership to death, disfellowshippings, disassociations, PIMOs and lack of genuine new adult converts.

So, yah...WT finds herself in deep-shit financial trouble today & in the months & years to come!

BTW...did I mention WT's expensive current & future CSA legal battles!šŸ¤£

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

and lack of genuine new adult converts

There were a couple that were briefly attending meetings when I was PIMI. They were young. She was a supervisor in a government department and he was in business, building. Over all, a lovely couple and would have been a real asset to JW.borg. Then one day, for no reason, they just stopped. After I left the JWs, I by chance, bumped into them in town. I explained my situation, and asked their thoughts on the religion. Their reply focused on 2 things: the internet and CSA. Seems all the good ones have gone.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Here in the UK when the congregation's assets pass 3 months expenditure we have to send the surplus to the WT Society.

This new cash grab of Ā£5.40/pub/month cannot be funded from what we receive each month. The only purpose of it is to guilt people into thinking "i must put in my Ā£5.40 each month".

As a congregation we barely cover expenses in a normal month.

George

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

JW GoneBad: It actually takes a great deal of time & it can get expensive converting non-liquid assets into cash.

And also, when you are trying to liquidate assets to deal with a cash crunch, you will almost never get a good deal. You will be selling them at below-market values. You might even be forced to accept some pretty bad deals. It's a very inefficient way to raise capital.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

SFSā€™s = Special Fulltime Servants (ā€œstipenatedā€šŸ˜ø)

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

I know of some properties for sale that are unreasonably above market value. Trying to see the strategy of their pricing and the time some assets sit on the market is a brain twister. WTC definitely needs to improve cash flow but I wonder if they even have the man power to address all that needs to be done. They are very insular and this hurts them when trying to get things done expediently.

CSA settlements were killing them 5 years ago and have only accelerated since then. My unimpeachable source painted a grim picture of the future for them.

• Journeyman
    Journeyman
    Trying to see the strategy of their pricing and the time some assets sit on the market is a brain twister. WTC definitely needs to improve cash flow but I wonder if they even have the man power to address all that needs to be done. They are very insular and this hurts them when trying to get things done expediently.

In the past decade or more, the org has definitely made some very odd decisions, including several about-turns which suggest a lack of clear forward planning. They may be getting the picture of where they want to go clearer now, but for several years it seems they didn't. That might also have been because of an internal 'power struggle' at the top, as some have speculated. Either way, after being an organisation that took a long time to make changes and was usually very careful and methodical about them (at least for the decades since Knorr took charge), they have acted very suddenly and rashly in the years since the early 2000s.

Sudden changes to printing of magazines, releasing of Bibles and songbooks, decisions about building and opening new halls vs merging congregations and closing halls - all have flip-flopped in the past 10-15 years, and none of those actions suggest stability in 'senior management' or a clear 'strategy', which any organisation is going to need if it will maintain support (customers or, in this case, congregants) or remain financially viable.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

Very astute Journeyman. They have attempted to hire consultants in recent years to evaluate their business and make recommendations. This has caused much contention among the Knorr era thinkers and the progressive thinkers. Most know by now that that chap 11 is the objective to avoid dissolving altogether.

The form that represented the dioceses is trying to help position them for debt protection, but the spin will have to be remarkable to keep a mass exodus from occurring.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Yes, bankruptcy will put the lie to all their claims of prudence and responsible stewardship. Will the rusted on R&F finally decide that they have had enough and pull the plug?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

How can ā€œGodā€™s Exclusive Earthly Organizationā€ā€¦

ā€¦go bankrupt???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit