The Jehovah's Witness religion has ''Jumped the Shark''

by RULES & REGULATIONS 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

What Does Jump The Shark Mean?

The phrase “jump the shark” is a term in pop culture that originated from the TV show “Happy Days” and is used to describe a decline in quality. It refers to the moment when a TV show or other product has reached its peak and starts to decline in quality. The term comes from an episode of “Happy Days” in which the character Fonzie jumps over a shark while water skiing, which was seen as an absurd and desperate attempt to keep the show interesting. Critics adopted the phrase, and it has since been used to describe TV shows that have ridiculous plot twists and story lines. The term has also been used more broadly to describe any product or trend that has reached its peak and is starting to decline.

I haven't attended a Kingdom Hall, Convention, Assembly meeting in 10 years. The changes from the Watchtower Society has led me to believe that the religion has ''jumped the shark.'' It has become a desperate attempt to pander their product and avoid Watchtower scandals. Here are some ''jumping the shark'' trends that show the Watchtower Society's decline:

Caleb and Sophia...Cartoon characters

Cart Witnessing Field Service

JW Broadcasting

The Discontinuation of Field Service Reports

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Although the term was not really familiar to me, it definitely describes the status of WT. WT is circling the drain. I doubt it will go “down the drain” in the imminent future — unless it’s the same “imminent” time frame as Armageddon — because there still are millions of diehard JDubs that will cling to the life rafts and ensure its survival, even though many more will have already abandoned ship.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Because the organization is run by morons, they could have had double the members, if they didn't discourage having children in the time of of the end. Although many had children anyway, there were an awful lot of couples that did not.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I have seen the phrase jump the shark used when the programme becomes absurd. Actually the latest changes make it easier to follow, I.e . No hour requirement, just tick the box to say I did something. Now they are saying “ We don’t really know “ about future events… that’s ok , you can believe what you like…..

it is still unfollowable but being less dogmatic must be better.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

And the fact the Borg is its worst enemy too.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

...and run by morons/ baffoons too.

• Mickey mouse
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yes, for me too, all these recent changes pale in comparison to the “overlapping generation” teaching. What on earth was that? I genuinely tried to understand what they were saying but it hurt my brain.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Yes. I remember threads like these (overlapping generation type) around that time. Around 2010 or so,,, trying to get my head around that too.

On top of the 1995 change. It was a double WTF,, thing.

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.
    Yes, for me too, all these recent changes pale in comparison to the “overlapping generation” teaching. What on earth was that? I genuinely tried to understand what they were saying but it hurt my brain.

Yes, I've watched a guy on youtube called Robert ring elders around the UK and ask them to explain the overlapping generation to him biblically - they literally all squirm, get defensive and then refer him to the jw website - it's hilarious and embarrassing and pathetic at the same time!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit