The Jehovah's Witness religion has ''Jumped the Shark''

by RULES & REGULATIONS 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

Elderberry - piggy-backing on your ark scenario, all the animals died due to starvation. That is what is happening in a spiritual sense within JWland. There is spiritual food outside their ark but the doors are locked.

JWland is a prison, not a fortress for the endangered to flee.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Don’t we call it “nuking the fridge”, now?

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

Disgruntled - it appears that the man in the photo may have eaten the shark. What do we call that attempt to save the show?

Sharkmageddon?

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

All these alternative euphemisms for jumping the shark reminds me of the dead parrot sketch:

"E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This parrot is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker!

"'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies!

"'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig!

"'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!!"

I look forward to some future time when we can say all of the above about the WT! 🥂🍾🍻

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I have always loved Monty Python, and my favourite Movie of all is "The Life of Brian" , which shows the M.P. Team's erudition, and satirical and comic skills, at their very best.

I long to live long enough to point out to one of the few, by then, remaining J.W. John Cleese type Salesmen, that what they are purveying is indeed a "Dead Parrot" !

• stan livedeath
  • NotFormer
    NotFormer

When did the parrot actually fall off its perch? 1975? 1995 "generation" change? The answer probably answers when the organisation jumped the shark, too. Like overlapping generations, the two questions overlap.

• ElderBerry
    ElderBerry

They have definitely reached and past the jump the shark moment and it hasn’t worked.

new light on beards, easier to survive Armageddon, no more reporting hours. All this and more was the desperation attempt to revamp the religion just like the jump the shark was a desperate attempt to save the show.

now it seems hardly any kids are even getting baptised these days. It seems they have to get them pre teen to be unbaptised publishers and then get them baptised before they have the mental capacity to think for themselves

If kids get old enough past a certain point then they won’t want to get baptised

this is happening and it’s great to see

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    It seems they have to get them pre teen to be unbaptised publishers and then get them baptised before they have the mental capacity to think for themselves

Exactly! Then they have them in their clutches with the threat of taking away all of their friends and most of their family.

BUT, this is the exact thing that was the "GOTCHA" in Norway. The fact that a person (esp a youth) cannot choose to leave without serious ramifications is a violation of Human Rights.

WT may not care about violating Human Rights, but they sure as shit care about losing their status as a religion/charity and losing the MONEY!

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

Some countries in Europe (and not just the EU) actually do care about destructive influences to the family arrangement. When Norway heard complaints and investigated JWs, they naturally responded with indignation that the religion was creating dysfunctional families while being funded by tax money.

I expect this to happen elsewhere moving forward with WTC fighting tooth n’ nail to reverse the trend. A grass roots movement in Brazil is getting traction now. How will WTC react? The same way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit