The Jehovah's Witness religion has ''Jumped the Shark''

by RULES & REGULATIONS 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

They probably jumped the shark 🦈 when the GB started making televangelist 🧑‍🏫 style videos 🎥📼🎞️🎬. They wanted to show that they were down with the kids 🕺 and as cool as The Fonz, but proved the opposite. 🙄

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Actually, perhaps it's Cousin Oliver Syndrome. A TV show is usually dying when they introduce a new kid to try and inject some interest back in the show. WT jumped the shark when they introduced Sophia and Caleb.

• DisgruntledFool
    DisgruntledFool

Cousin Oliver Syndrome...you might be on to something, Not Former.

• ElderBerry
    ElderBerry

I think the beard thing is the physical easy to see jump the shark moment that goes along with no more reports and the door of opportunity remaining open.

This time that will be marked by beards being visible on many brothers is the most obvious jump the shark moment.

But it’s the door of opportunity being open that is more desperate and more meaningful than anything else.

why waste time sitting on the ark when you can wait till last moment to get on. This is why young ones won’t get baptised anymore. They don’t believe the flood is coming anyway so why get on the ark, but even for those that did believe the flood may be coming they can wait to actually see it start before wasting time on the ark.

Even those who really do believe they still don’t know when, it could be soon or it could be a little way away, you don’t want to waste time sitting on the ark for too long.

• a watcher
    a watcher

Inside of the ark is the safest place to be. It's the best place to nurture an eternal relationship with Jehovah and enjoy the many blessings of serving Him. If you're not in the ark, you're on your own.

• ElderBerry
    ElderBerry

A watcher here is a question for you- what if the flood never comes in your lifetime like so many who have have died after sitting on the ark for decades? Or what if the flood never comes at all and you were deceived?

In Noah’s day what if he got people to come and sit inside the ark waiting but years went by and no flood came. Some got off the ark and enjoyed their lives. Some carried on sitting in the dark inside the ark while they heard people outside enjoying themselves. Of course it’s just an imaginative literary tale not true at all, the flood story never happened.

This is exactly the situation with the org today.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    In Noah’s day what if he got people to come and sit inside the ark waiting but years went by and no flood came. ~ ElderBerry

Actually, they had very little time to "sit" as they were busy with the "privilege" of shoveling up the manure.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

"Actually, they had very little time to "sit" as they were busy with the "privilege" of shoveling up the manure"

This is part of the genius of the WT. The busy work of going door to door was enough to distract from the fact that the end didn't come during several lifetimes.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Chasing a carrot on a stick & keeping people fron developing critical thinking skills will deter people from realizing they're wasting their lives.

By keeping them busy pedaling their propaganda,,the busier the $heeples are and cant think.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

Stephane - maybe they could start reporting CSA even if there is only one witness so that the police can investigate.

Maybe they could stop the money grab of selling off assets without compensating the congs that paid for them.

Maybe they could encourage the discontinuation of shunning, (although in my case it gives me a break from my toxic family).

Maybe they could stop redacting their teachings online and be honest about what they taught that is/was false.

Maybe they could come clean about being an NGO in the UN (present included) and what that actually means. If it is harmless fun, they should explain it that way. Surely the faithful will understand.

Maybe they could be honest about their numbers (financial and membership) since both appear to be fabricated.

I have many more but my thumbs have blisters now and talking about them makes a lump come up in my throat (vomit).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit