The Great October 2016 Invite to the Sunday Meeting campaign ...

by freddo 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Saename
    Saename

Technically I do, but I guess it's easy to miss some topics...

• freddo
    freddo

@saename

They do care. But not enough because they are frightened of you (us) and what you (we) represent.

They think they are strong but if they let anyone who knows the ttatt behind their facade they are scared and frightened and terrified.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

Ah, that explains why a weekend ago various JWs were going up and down the street (past my home) and then back again, making sure everyone had been called on (except me). This weekend..?..Nothing..! Job done..

• Dagney
    Dagney

Smoke and mirrors. Gotta give the peeps that show up a mission, a reason for JW's to be relevant. The WT knows growth is impossible in this day and age. Maybe the faithful know it too, hence the low energy preaching work. T

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I could never understand the point of these campaigns.

I mean, come on, JW meetings would have to be up there with the most un-user friendly meetings out there. Especially for anyone who hasn't had any previous indoctrination they are incomprehensible.

The JW jargon, the "Jehovah this Jehovah that's" every five seconds, the bunch of unspoken rules of engagement and etiquette that is observed by the brainwashed majority that attend. It's a very strange, very exclusive social club of wanna be social and spiritual elites who's default setting with "interested ones" is one of snide condascension.

• steve2
    steve2

I was raised going to the kingdom hall but when I went to a meeting in another district, I was astonished by the lack of clarity regarding when the meeting had actually begun or not. I came in a little late and unknowingly had missed the opening song and prayer. Yet the proceedings on the platform were so low-key and casual I thought the meeting hadn't even begun so proceeded to talk to my JW relative sitting beside me - until someone in the next row turned around and "Shssshed" me. I will never forget the amazement that the meeting was actually in progress....if I couldn't tell, how was an "interested person" to tell?

• prologos
    prologos
    sratchme110: "--n more people like a business mode

Yeah in this cong. it was the lowest Sunday attendance ever, and talking about "business" looked at study wt magazine August 2016 last page 32. look at the cart logo: " Geschaeftsstelle"-- no truer words =" Business location" in german. snare and a racket that is a business. Wt said it.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Once again.............no one invited us. . . . . . .Doc

• Onager
    Onager

I just had Sunday lunch at my JW parents house. My JW brother was there too and I even went for a walk in the park after with my JW nephew and NONE of them said a thing about coming to the meeting.

If they truly believed then wouldn't they be dragging me to the meeting? This makes me think that they know something's wrong but that fear or inertia is keeping them in.

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

Ok, now it makes sense what happened yesterday.

My wife invited me to follow her to meeting. I respectfully declined though.

CP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit