The Great October 2016 Invite to the Sunday Meeting campaign ...

by freddo 44 Replies latest jw friends

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Well, they will be consolidating congregations very SOON. It has already started in some places. This will give the publishers a "fuller feel" at the meetings. Then they can all brag on how the org is growing, Jah's chariot is speeding up and the WT gets to make additional money selling off unused (empty) Kingdom Halls. Everyone wins! lol Maybe WT can sell the halls to the growing numbers in Babylon the Great. They sold our hall to Babylon years ago. HYPOCRITES!

JW's can have the delusional thoughts that WT is growing, but we all know the REAL reason.

• schnell
    schnell

I might ask my wife if she knew about a campaign this month or not. I certainly didn't have a clue, and she didn't go out at all either.

• freddo
    freddo

In answer to the more recent posts this has been an "extra effort" for October started with a BoE letter back in March/April (Thanks WIFI BANDIT) and those newer small invites have been handed to mag routes and relatives.

The final figure for week 5 was 58 plus 12 listening in.

So it has crept up a little bit but still not even a match for the 75 publishers and my observation is that while there were a handful of new faces they all seemed a bit Misfit/Odd/Elderly/lonely types. Probably those long term return visits that look good padding out reports but going nowhere.

Let's see what happens as winter draws in. We've had an exceptionally mild and fairly dry October this year in my neck of the woods.

• freddo
    freddo

Bit of a bump. Well after missing two mid week meetings in a row I thought I would turn up for one yesterday.

Did a quick count. 38.

Yes 38 bums on seats from 75 publishers and none of us live more than 5 miles from the kingdom hall and the weather is mild.

The last mid week meeting showed 41 on the noticeboard and 53 for the one before that.

Grand theocracy ever decreasing!

• prologos
    prologos

meetings here are markedly down, in defiance of the campaign. . midweek is so empty, the elders have actually time to talk to us stragglers, the first times in years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit