Biblical incidents that bothered me.

by EverApostate 56 Replies latest watchtower bible

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Thanks Everyone. Many valuable points.

I had always tried to read the Bible as a JW, but would feel very disturbed by the passages and stop reading, within a chapter -guaranteed. Would feel guilty for that sometimes. Now I understand I was trying to swallow a whole herd of swine, all alive. And Its normal for a person to throw up, by doing so.

To sum up, if we need to feel good and comfortable, don't Read the Bible.

Any more points, welcome.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

@ EverApostate:

Big J...lol

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

@My Name is of No Consequence,

I use Big J as I don't want to play by the rules of WT - as if that name is Really Holy and as if it really exists.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The ancient Hebrews bullshitted a lot concerning their god Yahweh ie. Noah's Flood, but it was done so to create power and relevance opposed to other civilization's select gods.

Their god was the most powerful and almighty true god.

The high priests of the time also used the imposing fear and power of their god to socially control their inhabitants

ie. the ten commandants

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

It was Uzzah, not Uzziah.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    @Rattigan350 Thanks for pointing that out.

Anyway a person killed because of his good intention and action.

I heard from a talk in the KH, that Big J killed him because Uzzah mayhave had bad intentions and BigJ knows best because he is a reader of hearts. Amazing ring masters !!

Also, this fictional incident might have been written to implement implicit obedience.

• stillin
    stillin

Imagine telling a brother at the KH about a book that you are reading.... it has all of these things in it, no names given but lots of juicy details. When the brother has frowned and he is probably thinking about reporting you to the next judicial committee, let him know that you are talking about the Bible!

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    @stillin

Right. I used to do the same when debating with any other JW or Christians. When I relate a Biblical Event with a similar experience they would provide normal feedback..

As soon as I say its from the Bible, they would go on with the Defensive crap like "God Knows best", "Nothing is evil in Gods Eyes", "Jah will resurrect even if he kills" and so on....

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

My hairline is just at the beginning of turning my forehead into a "fivehead". I am training bears currently for when the occasion should arise at the convention. I am sure everyone will nod their heads and figure that those kids eaten by my unholy bear army of the night, got what they deserved.

Or as one brother put it in a talk he gave.

"It was righteous indignation.......just desserts!"

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Ever apostate,

Actually I believe the official teaching is that anyone killed at the hand of God himself, will not be resurrected (since he can see what we cannot being outside of time and space and all that).

Unless it has changed. Maybe it has. Who the hell can honestly keep up.

Even then....what sort of asshole God would maul a kid, then resurrect him later. What was the point of killing him in the first place!?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit