Biblical incidents that bothered me.

by EverApostate 56 Replies latest watchtower bible

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

The Ananias and Sapphira story. The fact that they died instantly at the feet of the apostle because they lied about not giving the entire value of their property... sounds like a story that would be made up to make sure people gave everything they had.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Another one a lot of people forget is where David sins again and this time David’s first born baby is killed, but not just killed it suffered for 7 days and nights before finally being killed.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Let's be honest, folks.

The number of Biblical incidents that are bothersome would fill up... well... a Bible.

:smirk:

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

The man that went to retrieve his concubine and then saved himself by giving her over to be gang raped by the Benjaminites.

Then he was miffed that she died because of it. Such a loss of property! Then he cut her up and sent the pieces to the other tribes to show how much he was upset over it.

They showed their righteous indignation over it and killed most the Benjaminites. Oh yeah, their domestic animals too. Women don't get mentioned but they must have been killed too because the few remaining Benjaminites, didn't have any women to marry.

So because one group didn't swear not to give any of their daughters to the benjaminites, their unfortunate daughters were kidnapped by the leftover benjaminites who didn't mind gang raping women.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Abraham being told to sacrifice Issac and he be like "Ok."

WT!

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

The whole Israelite saga as told in the bible, what a joke.

Jehovah literally moves the earth for these people. They see miraculous shit unfold, right in front of their very eyes... time and time again. Miracle after miracle... food appears from nowhere, enemies slain... it goes on.

.... and the morons still worshiped false gods.. lumps of timber and home made baby fucking cows?!!..

All this despite warnings from the dude performing miracles! It smacks of stupidity and I had this shit crammed in my head all my childhood.

David Jay our regular Jewish poster could explain it all, probably in no less than 26 paragraphs.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

EVER APOSTATE:

Many things in the Bible bothered me:

The fact that God took forever to free his supposedly "chosen" people from bondage in Egypt; imagine if they were not his chosen people?

Needless to say: women were treated like cattle in general;

I didn't like the idea that God asked Abraham to sacrifice his son. He complied!! An angel stopped it at the last minute;

I hated the story about Lot's daughters tricking him into having sex with them. These people were obsessed to the point of insanity about their lineage to do this;

I also hated the real story about the daughter of Jephthah; her father murdered her on an altar. These people were hooked on sacrifices and promises they made.

All in all, it was a time of savage brutality and lots of testosterone. They were all in fear of their God, that's for sure.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Parents killing their own children with huge rocks.....

Yup, now that proves how "loving" our "creator" is....

Or thousands of women being kept as sex slaves "wives" by the kings who were "Jehovah's friends"....

Yup, that sounds loving....

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Yes, oh my goodness so many…

... Samson tying a bunch of foxes together and setting their tails on fire ... so cruel to the foxes...

... also so cruel to drown all the wildlife and animals in the flood, even the horses in Pharoah’s army...

(huge soft spot for animals here...)

... but also terrible things to people, described so vividly and graphically: “... tent pegs driven thru temples... fornicators speared thru their private parts... children torn apart by she-bears... infant’s heads being dashed against the rocks... prophets sawn asunder...”

Eeee, I’m making myself sick. This is such terrible stuff ... some “holy” book, hey....

😥

• Half banana
    Half banana

There is very little of the milk of human kindness in the Bible, it's more a collection of religious maniacs besotted with blood and sacrifice-- and death to those who don't conform.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit