Fornication......*blushing*

by d0rkyd00d 48 Replies latest jw friends

• joelbear
    joelbear

I advise all young people, hetero and homo, to delay sex until they are out of their teens. I simply don't believe they can handle all of the associated complicated and very adult decisions that come along with taking part in this most adult of activities.

For girls, I advise strongly that they remain virgins until marriage. Men's drives will lead them into doing anything to get sex from you. You are more valuable than to give it up to someone without a commitment from them to partner with you and help build a life for your and your offspring.

Of course, no one ever listens to me, but I keep saying it.

hugs

Joel

• happytobefree
    happytobefree

Joelbear,

I have to disagree with you on females waiting until marriage. I think that a female must explore her sexuality and understand her sexuality before committing to a life long partner.

The WTBS and many other fanatical religions have made a wonderful part of the human/animal experience to become something vile.

Your sexuality is something that should be celebrated in a healthy manner. Being if you are and the partner that you choose are both ready for the experience - mentally, emotionally and responsibly.

I am happy to to say as a female - I have enjoyed my sexuality prior to marriage and continue to with my husband. I have no questions about what pleases me, nor am I shy to express my sexuality to my husband.

Happy to be Free (Me)

P.S. I love the responses to this young man and have shared them with my two teenage sons.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

joelbear, I know your advice is well meant, but don't you think it is deeply sexist?? I expect stereotypical attitudes from straights about homosexuals, I guess it's a suprise when a homosexual has such stereotypical views about straights.

I can assure you that women's "drives will lead them into doing anything to get sex". Women are just as much sexual creatures as men.

I've got several lesbian friends and they are very happily fucking themselves silly with the same enthusiasm as gay guys or straight guys or straight girls. I'm going to a wedding in a few weeks of a female friend whose libido made most guys look like MONKS, until she settled down and found her match.

You say;

You are more valuable than to give it up to someone without a commitment from them to partner with you and help build a life for your and your offspring

Come on, you realise that many many people WANT to have sex BEFORE marriage, as it is FUN, and the fact that straights can normally have kids as a matter of course does not mean every woman wants to turn into a cookie baking 'breeder' the minute she gets married.

I agree with the people who said the sixteen is too young, but when my daughters are that age I hope they will already have the knowledge to do what they decide to do safely.

But to say that people should 'delay sex until they are out of their teens', well, I SO disagree!

We are not talking about splitting atomes, we are talking about SEX!

It is 'complicated' and requires making 'very adult decisions' BUT you learn how to do that by doing, not by waiting with your legs crossed in frustration until you are 20 and then making all the mistakes you could have got out the way by that age in your early twenties.

No biggie joelbear - I love your posts normally, but I just don't agree with you on this one!!

• joelbear
    joelbear

Hey all and Abaddon,

No problem with disagreement. I certainly don't consider myself infallible.

As with all people, my feelings and opinions are based on things that have occurred during my life.

I have seen the results of youthful sex on members of my family and I also talk with a lot of young men online about coming out, safe sex, relationships etc.

I agree my comments do seem sexist. I have always been overprotective of females leading my mother to consider this as a reason for my homosexuality. Its called the Angel syndrome, men who believe women are pure to the point of being untouchable. I have discussed this thought with others in my community and I cannot dismiss it as having no merit.

I will stick with my strong recommendation to both sexes and all orientations that they not have sex until they are 20.

hugs

Joel

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

Uhhh...I see a lot of you (surprisingly) think it's actually BETTER to wait until you're married to have sex. This is so silly. A big reason why many JWs have BIG problems in their marriages is due to this type of inexperience when entering into marriage. If done responsibly, sex before marriage is a great way to find out about your compatability! Everyone seems to think that waiting is the best way to go, but imagine finding out that your spouse is frigid, or impotent or has any number of potential sexual dysfunctions/disorders - all of this AFTER you're already committed to marriage? Makes no sense at all. For God's sake, take a few test drives!

--Michael

• crownboy
    crownboy

I see nothing wrong with pre-maritial sex anymore. However, I think it's important that the two (or three, or four.... ) people should really be in love and care for each other, as sex is a powerful emotional connector (I guess some can reasonably do the "one night stand" thing, but I don't think I could). I definitely disagree with younger kids not having sex. Getting an STD or pregnancy early in life can really screw up you up (and younger ones probably aren't as careful to guard against it), and some may simply not be emotionally mature enough. While you can't necessarily set a firm rule about when is a good time to have sex, if I had kids, I would encourage them to hold off on sex at least untill 18 or so.

• LB
    LB

kinda a touchy subject
    masturbation always is.

Just remember that there are some serious emotional headtrips that occurr when you have sex with someone. If not with you then certainly with your partner.

• Valis
    Valis

The very idea that one should not have sex before marriage is all fine and dandy, but just as delusional as the idea that Armageddon is around the corner. I agree w/Jan that sexual compatibility can only be accomplished vie the "try before you buy" method. Waiting to have sex until you're married is like trying to fly a plane without ever being in the cockpit. As it were...eheheh...Sexual maturity is different for everyone, but stifling that based on some old fashioned notion can be just as harmful as unprotected sex. I also agree w/some others that one important thing to keep in my is the feelings of others. In the case of someone as young as sixteen, they will most probably be interacting with a partner around thier age. This can be a bit volatile, because not only are the participants not sexually mature, but niether are they emotioanlly so. Be careful, caring, and safe practice only...no making babies.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Edited by - Valis on 10 September 2002 16:58:29

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

While I understand and support the reasoning behind the "no sex till marriage" rule, I don't practice it. I beleive casual sex is wrong. Don't get me wrong I've experienced a couple "casual" sex situations, and I don't believe they were right. Our "MTV" generation sees nothing but gratuitous sex around them. Kids are experimenting with it at alarmingly young ages. I was engaged, had had 2 boyfriends, was 20 years old, and in love with my boyfriend before I ever even experimented. It kept me safe.

I believe "casual" sex can be fun, but the best sex is with someone you care about and are safe with. If you aren't ready for children, think about that ahead of time. And finally, some say sex without a condom isn't the same. Well, I say life with syphillis isn't the same either.

And as far as relationships go, it has been my experience that you can have fabulous sex and not have it be a huge factor in your relationship. But if your sex life stinks, it can be a HUGE factor.

<------ is single and hasn't had sex in nearly 4 months. (just felt like sharing)

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

." A big reason why many JWs have BIG problems in their marriages is due to this type of inexperience when entering into marriage. If done responsibly, sex before marriage is a great way to find out about your compatability"

I agree with this comment. I have been in a JW relationship and non-JW relationships. When I was a JW my fiance at the time was 31 and a virgin. Sex was the biggest focus of our relationship. It was hard to concentrate our energy on anything else because we were working so hard to abstain. It ultimately put such a strain on our relationship. The guilt was terrible, even though I was still a virgin.And so many JWs rush in to marriages just so they can have sex.

My non-JW relationships have been just the opposite. Had sex, had great sex. Moved on. We were able to pay attention to each other, and invest energy in to the right areas. There wasn't a constant frustration.

<----- done putting 2 cents in.

Edited by - CHEVYSNTATS on 10 September 2002 17:24:28

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit