Do you believe in a Rapture that the Churches teach instead of living on earth forever

by Alex Williams 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

As I see it the distinction as to who will be with Christ in heaven and those who will have opportunity to live on the new earth is revealed in John 5:28-29

"Do not be amazed at this, for the time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and shall come forth, they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life, and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of judgment. "

During the millennial judgement those of the first resurrection rule with Christ with a rod of iron over the nations bringing all into sanctification. Then heaven will descend to earth, Israel restored and mankind delivered to perfection.

That's the way i see it.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Do you believe in a Rapture that the Churches teach instead of living on earth forever

Neither. It's all imagination.

• rickroll
    rickroll

I don't believe in the bible as anything more than human ramblings.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Resurrections, millenial judgements, sanctification? It's all white noise with no anchor in reality. It cannot be tested or falsified, there is no reason to believe any of it and abundant evidence to dismiss all of it.

• Alex Williams
    Alex Williams

I know its hard to believe in a book claimed to be from a supreme Deity but is it hard to believe what is found in the earth as proof of what that book says? Lets take a look at what has been UN-earthed. The Pool of Siloam

In of the Bible we read John 9 we read of Jesus healing a man who was born blind. Christ spits on the ground, makes some mud and puts it on the blind man’s eyes. He then instructs the blind man to wash in the Pool of Siloam.

in 2004, engineers stumbled upon the steps of a first century ritual pool By the summer of 2005, archaeologists said it was without doubt the missing pool of Siloam.

The Pontius Pilate stone

In 1961, an inscription was found which confirms not only the rule of Pilate in Judea but also his preference for the title ‘Prefect’. In Latin, the inscription (dated to c AD

A King named Sargon

Isaiah 20-1

In the year that King Sarʹgon of As·syrʹi·a sent the Tarʹtan

Isaiah 20:1 was challenged by critics because they knew of no king named Sargon in lists of Assyrian kings. Now Sargon’s palace has been recovered at Khorsabad, including a wall inscription and a library record endorsing the battle against the Philistine city of Ashdod

Dead Sea Scrolls

Discovered in 1947
    The Scrolls have provided copies of most of the Old Testament, for fragments of every Old Testament book except Esther have been found in Hebrew,

These are just a few examples but some who dont believe in a God will say so what ,what good is it I just believe in what I see,are there things that exit that we cant see?

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

All these Rapture, heaven, hell, eternal life....are wishful thinkings of humans. People would continue to beleive all these non-sense (I did this for 11 years) , due to fear of life and fear of death.

We are just like any other living thing. Once we are dead we are gone for eternity. Why do we think we are special ?

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I suspect Alex is wasting our time and counting his.

Be that as it may, its is enlightening to read a couple Jewish writings that were popular and influential at the time, in fact the writer of Jude quoted from one of them. 'Paradise' was considered a part of heaven long before the Christians did the same.

Leolaia25

The ascension of King David to heaven.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Yep and if one believes the book that teaches about the rapture and/or everlasting life on earth, then Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy should also be 'seriously' considered!

just saying!

• Alex Williams
    Alex Williams

Why do we think we are special ?

Because we were made in Gods image thats why

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Alex, did you carefully read the thread I linked to?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit