Latest Update!

by Skeptically Yours 59 Replies latest jw friends

• avengers
    avengers

everyone pigged out then we did some tequila shots, a few beers, nice music, lots of laughs

"Let's eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die."

I always thought this philosophy applied to the world,

never thought it would apply to the JW's

You learn something new everyday.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Tomorrow morning, dress up and bring info to people in our neighborhood. You know, there are some really nice articles in our literature!

This pretty much sums up the mentality of D(isfellowshipped Soon) Yours and her "friends".

It's a pretty shallow life - partying, drinking, having fun with no thought to their spirituality. Whatever happened to witnessing in order to have Bible Studies with people, to show them the truth of what the Bible contained?

No, DY and her shallow friends don't want to use their brains. They just present the articles in the magazines because they can look like they are "witnessing" whilst putting in very little effort. After all, they are still trying to get over last night's partying. It doesn't matter if all they can do is show the mags to the householder and smile nicely. That's all Jehovah wants, doesn't he? He doesn't need you to put any effort into it. After all, it's not like he really wants you to have to worry your hung-over head about messy details like scriptures and reasoning on them. Nah, leave that to the boring pioneers who don't party like you do.

• Emma
    Emma

Do I sense trolling for responses?

• shera
    shera
    The Vicki Bower case is a real scream to a lot of us. She should've taken the settlement money, but I guess she thought she had a lot more coming to her (greed will do it to you all the time!) and it backfired! What a riot!!!

Just like with any other big Corporation, If you know they're powerful, don't mess with them! Common sense.

As for the child abuse issue. Sad to say, but it's happening everywhere, in every religion, and in every other walk of life. Nothing new that it should also happen in this venue; after all, we're just humans like everybody else! That's the final realization everybody must come to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why take the settlement money?How many people were kept quite becuase of the WTS rules and fear of being DF? No way,I would have not taken the money from them.The way I look at it she was not allowing them to make her quite anymore! Standing up to this"EVIL" organization is what I would have done.

I don't see where the riot is in this at all? Very very odd.

Child abuse is happening everywhere but thats no excuse to keep the abused ones "gagged" and protecting the the sick abusers. Thats always the excuse we're not perfect, we're humans...lol. bleck..

Really now,if it was dealt with in a loving manner and not keeping the abused quite.Putting the abusers where they belong.Many people would have more respect for a organization ,who dealt with it in that manner.

hmmm don't mess with a powerful coperation?Is that how you look at your WTS? Why would God make a person pay for thier fees,she was hurt and wasn't protected.Hmmmm,seems more to me that the WTS works just for men,or something evil is lurking there.WAIT!! it is evil!!

• shera
    shera

Hijacked thread, sorry peeps but I had to respond....

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

It's just a religion, just a religion, made up of imperfect human beings and ever evolving, just like all things in life.

So they claim they're the chosen ones; well, so do many others! Don't you all worry, we'll go forward and the powers that be will decide in the end what's right and what's not.

In the meantime, let's try to get along.

• shera
    shera

I know its just a religion...and I do want to get along. So I will.

Just be nice when it comes to Vicky okies and I'm sure we will all get along.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Y'all wise upl This guy's a phony. His name (doubtful) probably describes his status as a dub. He's either faking it or exaggerating. Newbies please note: There ARE some whack jobs here.

• shamus
    shamus

Ya think?

I can't believe that I fell for it!

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Why is it that you all can dish it out, but can't take it?!

What I offer is a different, but very real perspective for many JWs still inside the Org. Now, yes, wisen up and accept this existing side of the story already!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit