Latest Update!

by Skeptically Yours 59 Replies latest jw friends

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Skeptically Yours, or Doubtfully Yours, or whatever you are calling yourself at this moment.

I'm happy for you. My wife and I actually carried on like that for a while, with a similar group, but we had a wakeup call over the blood issue.

We eventually got the point where we felt like hypocrites, so we faded farther out. And as Blondie was so correct in pointing out, we were ratted on, and here we are.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Hi There!

Thanks to all for your insightful remarks. For the time being, I and many others within will continue to live this way while the fun lasts.

Many intelligent people have come to realize that this is just another of the many existing religions. However, we happen to like and agree with many of their theories, and we have found our social environment inside and for now we won't leave. Period.

Tonight, cookout fun and music at my place! Tomorrow morning, dress up and bring info to people in our neighborhood. You know, there are some really nice articles in our literature!

Find your balance, and LIVE!!!

• shamus
    shamus

No worries there.

I just want you to think about one thing... any monies that are donated to that Witness Cult is going toward defending the witnesses against child abuse. Something to think about... especially when Vicki Bower must pay that horrible corporation 150,000 dollars for daring to take them to court, thus raping her twice.

Have fun while it lasts... but I warn you, it will not last forever. Your conscience will get you!

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

The Vicki Bower case is a real scream to a lot of us. She should've taken the settlement money, but I guess she thought she had a lot more coming to her (greed will do it to you all the time!) and it backfired! What a riot!!!

Just like with any other big Corporation, If you know they're powerful, don't mess with them! Common sense.

As for the child abuse issue. Sad to say, but it's happening everywhere, in every religion, and in every other walk of life. Nothing new that it should also happen in this venue; after all, we're just humans like everybody else! That's the final realization everybody must come to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

E-mail you all soon!

• unique1
    unique1

Sounds like you are having a great time. I wish the people in my hall were as cool and laid back. I say more power to you. I don't think everything the JW's teach is bad. Alot of it is good advice, however there is some very bad advice as well. I say if you can tell the difference and can seperate the two and still be in the org, then more power to you. Enjoy yourself and have fun. As long as you are HAPPY, that is all that matters.

• shamus
    shamus

You think that's funny, do you?

You're obviously a sick individual. Not only that, you have no idea what this poor woman has gone through.

I really feel sorry for you. It's obvious that you get your jollies out of other people's misfortunes. Have a good laugh next time you're with your friends. People like you get nowhere in life.

I think that you are not even a witness, I think. I think that you are just here to stir up shit. Enjoy it while you can.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

DY:

She should've taken the settlement money, but I guess she thought she had a lot more coming to her (greed will do it to you all the time!) and it backfired!

The money was irrelevant. My understanding was that she merely wanted justice. Too much to ask??
    Might wanna spend less time screaming with laughter at others misfortunes, and more time getting inebriated. They WILL get you in the end!

• shamus
    shamus

This guy is obviously here to stir up shit. Don't let him get to you, anyone. Simon or someone else will see him and delete him soon enough.

(Fell in trap himself>....)

• Emma
    Emma

Who was bemoaning the disappearance of the TROLLS?

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

COME NOW!!! I don't want to be a troll, just giving my perspective on things. Toughen up and take it as good as you can dish it out!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit