70 inch t.v.'s on stage

by dbq407 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cha ching
    cha ching

First, Obliette, thanks for "Janis"... I loved that song when a teenager! Why can't God answer one little prayer? or two? or three? After all, he is "almighty"...

Second, I think this TV thing is a way to make money... Most likely, the congregation orders these from the "Society"...

Let's see....

52,000 congregations times $1,000 in profits equals $52,000,000 (just a modest guess, haha) Do they have a "Monthly internet connection charge"?

This is all speculation, but wasn't that an Apple watch we saw on Jackson's wrist during his testimony at the Royal Commission? Hey, "Advertise, Advertise, Advertise"... Right? haha!

"Follow the money"

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

"Follow the money". . . .

. . . . all the way to the Caymans.

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

Now it's nothing like that silly big brother/Orwell 1984 thing. Whew.

Muddy Waters: Wow, so right! It's the opening scene ...

You know, they will probably need to upgrade the sound and light system next.

It actually just reminds me of your typical modern day Baptist or Evangelical church. People don't have to bother opening their Bibles or song books. The verses and quotes are projected on the screens.

Maybe they are starting to realize the disadvantages of encouraging everyone to get on tablets. They can't control what you're viewing, can't tell if you're even paying attention, and are probably losing donations.

Eyes up front! (Who knew that grandpa was going to be distracted by his smartphone?)

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

stuckinarut2: It seems that every hall has an Internet enabled computer, a wifi network, projector and screen, and at least one or two giant TVs.....

....no room for anything except controlled info.....which is not necessarily a bad thing actually....

Cults aren't necessarily bad things, either. :)
  • dbq407
    dbq407
    I'm sure Jesus would be buying big screens, multi million dollar mansions, promoting roku from stage, using credit card machines at assemblies, be broadcasting over the internet...etc. etc. The list could go on for days. And people really think its the true religion?
  • RubaDub
    RubaDub

the explanation for the new t.v.'s was that it would save time from having to move the podium out of the way of the projector screen

dbq407 ...

Yes, it sounds like your Ministerial Servants are unionized and charge a lot for moving the podium. Time is money.

Rub a Dub

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

High Definition TV has not been a friend to most of the Governing Body members. Those gentlemen are more suited to the radio or delivering their speeches from the center of a large ballfield or arena. Nevertheless, you could print out the photo below and jot down your thoughts on the new flat screen televisions on the back of it and drop it into the "contribution box".

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Wow, 70 inch t.v.'s to watch the most boring thing possibly imaginable. Thanks, but I'll just go to the movies!
  • truthlover123
    truthlover123

If the hall doesn't use the money for something, its going to mama!!!

AND:

Toes is right -- there are so many out there having problems and struggling to keep their head afloat -- use the money for those who need it... not those who live the high life without a care in NY state... 5 locations up there all with the best of everything

OR maybe now, they are going to have to clean their own rooms and make their own meals or call a worldly housekeeping service or chef extraordinaire to make ther meals!!! Makes me sick!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    The good thing about every hall having the same strange videos etc shown is that if the public or media hear about it, the society can't just excuse it as a rouge individual cong members comments....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit