70 inch t.v.'s on stage

by dbq407 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    I say let them go for it, that way they can see the governing body up close and personal, because they are doing more to drive people out of the organization than we ever could. Can you imagine rubber lips Lett on the big screen in all his glory?
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The almighty seers can not be perceived almighty unless they are seen larger than life.......

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Wow.... truly mind boggling.

Could it be that the powers-that-be felt that the giant projector screen up there in the MIDDLE of the stage was too reminiscent of the 1984 movie or famous Super Bowl commercial?

With giant screens placed BESIDE the stage vs. in the *middle* don't you know it makes all the difference...? Now it's nothing like that silly big brother/Orwell 1984 thing. Whew.

(In case anybody doesn't realize, yes, this post is heavy sarcasm....)

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    Maybe they wanted to use the money they had sitting in the congregation account before "Mother" took it?
  • Half banana
    Half banana
    Finky baby, I love the glittering plasma field hovering behind his holiness Pope Anthony the third signifying the appropriate spiritual aura befitting these sainted beings.
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Yeah unbelievable really to the religion I left 2 and a half years ago. I remember been told not to take a computer print out of the bible when I got up and done a talk number 2. Now they don't only have a TMS but also the bible in computer form is GB approved.
  • stillin
    stillin
    "All opposed to the idea, raise your hands."
  • tiki
    tiki

Omg...outlaw....here I was reading this bs and trying to grasp the disconnect then I come to your succinct summary of the entire debacle......thanks for the good laugh!!

Question though...is this orders from headquarters or a local idea? And does hq sanction that use of funds or are these guys flying under the radar?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Tiki, this is the official guidelines from head office now.....

It seems that every hall has an Internet enabled computer, a wifi network, projector and screen, and at least one or two giant TVs.....

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Vote with your wallet!

My thoughts...wouldn't the money be better spent helping out an individual/family that may be in need (food, clothing and shelter). That will never happen in JW world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit