After Jesus fasted for 40 days, he was tempted by a man (not a fallen angel).

by quincemyles 88 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Saename
    Saename
    quincemyles - First century Greek and Hebrew Historians wrote that he rose up appearing to more than 500 humans.

Are you talking about the gospels?

Witness My Fury - What about the zombies in jerusalem where they real too?

Haha! I know what you did here... That's a reference to the movie World War Z!!!!!

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Naw, the fiction attributed to Mathew 27:52-53

• quincemyles
    quincemyles

That account is not about resurrection to life but bodies being forcibly expelled out of burial places because of the massive earthquake. Mt. 27:51 very clearly says there was an earthquake and that very historical event is not unique. It has happened over and over again in different places throughout history when earthquakes forced bodies out of burial places.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Q: Are you a Christadelphian?

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

You are cherry picking like there is no tomorrow. if you can be this dishonest with yourself then it's no surprise you believe in tall tales.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

quincemyles - imo thats plausible particularly in communities under exceptional stress. What cannot be explained is put at the centre and then a way out is sought and provided by what is put at the centre during episodes of extreme conditions. thank goodness cos if this were not so humans would have died out long ago!!!

imagination shouldn't be dismissed as soly producing illusion and fiction as it really does provide a way out making reality along the way - nice talking to you quince

• quincemyles
    quincemyles

Nice talking to you too Ruby. I am not christadelphian. Thanks.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

christadelphian? not me. my post was based on the anthropologist Mary Douglas' research (including those who took up her points later on).

getting an education is rewarding

• Saename
    Saename

Am I the only one here who realises that the gospels are not historically reliable...?

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Quincemyles, if satan was human or a personification of temptation, who the hell was Jah talking to during the heavenly meetings in the first chapters of Job?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit