Were You Willing To Die For Jehovah?

by minimus 37 Replies latest jw friends

• contramundum
    contramundum

I am afraid that I was absolutely loyal to the ideal. I refused a blood transfusion.

While drifting in and out of consciousness, my two main thoughts were "I must not accept blood" and "What will happen to my young children if I die"

I find it difficult to comprehend just how indoctrinated I was. It is scary.

CM

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Regretfully, I believe that at one time I would have "died for jehober". Of course, since I've learned that he is just a mythological god, Hell NO!

I've told my children not to ever let their kids die because of some weird jw teaching about blood. Thankfully, they agree even though they are pimo's.

just saying!

• minimus
    minimus

We’ve come a long way, haven’t we?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

No. I would have taken blood secretly, and in any other scenario I would have cooperated with the authorities.

• Biahi
    Biahi

GREAT comment, Pete Zahut. Very interesting to know that this is common. And no, I would never have let myself die for this BS religion.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MINIMUS:

I confess I might have thought that very briefly.. In time I wondered why there had to be a dead body involved, namely ours.

I always wondered if other JWs actually believed this in THEIR hearts.. Now that we all know TTATT and the religion’s failed prophecies, scandals and whatnot, I wonder how everybody feels? Well, I know I feel outraged!

Know what I really think?..I think the religion thinks people should be willing to die for them!

People died because of the blood policy, neutrality and other unwise choices they made in life because of the religion.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    the time I liked to think I wouldn't compromise but who can really say until it happens nonetheless, however I truly believed I SHOULD be willing to die for Jehovah and that he expected it of me.

Pete Za Hut isn’t it ironic that although the Bible clearly states Jesus told Christians to expect persecution, he also states in Mathew 10 “Whenever they persecute in one city, flee to the next”

Notice it says flee? Yet Watchtower pushes the narrative you must be willing to die for the cause.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Yes, full on ! I have had quite a few operations and each time it was a no blood at any cost thing (I stuck to the previous belief thatno blood at all, the fragments of blood thing never sat right with me.). A couple of doctors even said that it means we let you die without intervening if it involves blood that could save you.I was like yes,also I wrote a personal note to mention that the doctors did their best and I let myself die coz of my faith, so no one should feel guilty/bad if I did die in surgery. Thankfully nothing went off the rails.

Now it all seems so stupid and beyond !

Zing

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

There was a time where I actually looked forward to the day when I could “prove my loyalty” by dying for Jehovah. I used to liken it to Christians dying in the Roman arena. It was a guaranteed pass into “the new system”.

i was also convinced that I’d go to prison one day during the great tribulation.

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

Not proud of the fact now, but in the day, I reckon I would have.

Regarding the blood transfusion issue, though, I completely swallowed the WTS line that it was somehow "unnecessary", and that there were in fact other alternatives.

Bloody hell!

(If nothing else, their propaganda program certain worked very well in those years of the late 1970s / early 1980s).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit