Were You Willing To Die For Jehovah?

by minimus 37 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

We were supposed to be dedicated unconditionally to Jehovah God. We were willing to be persecuted to the death if need be. If it came to taking a blood transfusion or dying, we were loyal to Jehovah and would be a martyr for God.

My question is... Were YOU loyal to the death for Jehovah God or if push came to shove, would you have “compromised “ yourself??

• LV101
    LV101

NOPE! Guess I was a fair weather believer. I'd never carry a blood card - NEVER!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I did refuse a blood transfusion.

Having done so, however, I knew I could not do so for my kids. The UK courts would have made my child a ward of court and taken the decision out of my hands, but I could not be a hippocrite and simply relied on that to save them.

• minimus
    minimus

I always find it interesting that on this site many ex Jehovah’s Witnesses admit that they never were true believers anyway.

• Steel
    Steel

Start sending missionary teams to the Muslim world instead of killing your kids if you want to be martyrs so bad.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001
    Nope.
  • MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@min: I have a sneaky suspicion that 80-90% of JWs are nominal.

• minimus
    minimus

Mr you might be right

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I hate to admit it but I think I would have probably died for the faith. I do admit that when a dear sister was dying and went into a temporary coma and then woke up she asked, "Is this the new system?".

It was so pathetic I totally saw the folly of it. (She was young by the way).

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    My question is... Were YOU loyal to the death for Jehovah God or if push came to shove, would you have “compromised “ yourself??

Fortunately I never was in a position where it was a life or death matter but both my my non JW father and my wife's elder father died early (48 and 62) because they didn't take a blood transfusion. (My father was only studying with JWs)

I struggled as a child with this issue because we were told that we would most assuredly be persecuted and would likely have to face dying for our faith. I never could understand why failure to do so would result in me receiving the same punishment from Jehovah (everlasting death) as would be received by the one persecuting me.

We were told that our non JW family members would even turn on us. I tossed and turned many a night because I had 2 little sisters and since my father wasn't a JW, I figured he'd be against us and I'd have to get my sisters through the tribulation.
    Fast forward a couple of decades, I struggled with this regarding my own kids. Would I let them die over the blood issue and how would I cope with a situation where they were taken by the "authorities" during the tribulation.

At the time I liked to think I wouldn't compromise but who can really say until it happens nonetheless, however I truly believed I SHOULD be willing to die for Jehovah and that he expected it of me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit