JW’s do NOT shun... (apprently)

by pale.emperor 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• Ding
    Ding

Theocratic war strategy?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

They don't ''lie'' or ''break-up'' families.

• amiable atheist
    amiable atheist
    _Morpheus Thats true, mostly. What it conveniently leaves out is that nobody claimed faders (the situation they describe) were shunned. We are refering to df’d People. They are in fact shunned.

It's the straw man fallacy, one of their favourite means of deflecting a perfectly valid point of criticism. It's almost boring. Yes, we know, they are the deceived deceivers, but what's annoying is that they don't even bother to put some effort at it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Onager - "... It's mind-boggling that he can state that JWs don't shun and then not miss a beat when you link to an official JW video called 'Shunning Wrongdoers'..."

Dude...

...where I come from, that's not called "cognitive dissonance".

It's called fucking "lying".

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Typical Jehovah's Witness:

"We do not shun. We feel hurt and saddened when someone chooses to leave associating with us. We feel upset when they choose to turn their backs on us!"

Just like the way Terry O'brien responded when asked those questions during the Australian Royal Commission!

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Just come back to Jehovah's loving organization and we will not treat you like sh--t and call you nasty names.

• Saethydd
    Saethydd
    Just come back to Jehovah’s loving organization and we will not treat you like sh-t and call you nasty names.

Well you’ve got to remember, they learned their manners from the guy who loves you so much he’ll kill you if you don’t love him back. Yes, it’s technically a “choice” but one that’s clearly designed to hurt you if you don’t do what they want.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3
    Beth Sarim12 hours ago

According to AM3, the Witnesses don't break-up families or anything like ''that''

Then he`s not a Christian because that`s what Jesus said he came to do .

" Do not think I came to put peace upon the earth,I came to put not peace but a sword ,for I came to cause division with a man against his father and a daughter against her mother and a young wife against her mother in-law. Indeed a mans enemies will be persons of his own household.

Matt.10:34-36 So apparently Jesus was happy enough to break up familys

If its in the Bible it must be true .

• Giles Gray
    Giles Gray
    Anders Andersen:-
    “Won’t be long before I quit the whole site.”
    That really would be a pity. I think with your comments and answers, you do a sterling job.
    I’m a big fan of the work that both you and pale.emperor put into ‘debating’ with the apologists on Quora.
    I only wish I had more time available to contribute to your valuable efforts.
    Quora really isn’t the most conducive facility to undertake the task of debating apologists. It seems ironic that a forum designed for open and informative debate has the facility to bar people from contributing to a certain dialogue.
  • lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding
    Thus "disfellowshiping" is what Jehovah's Witnesses appropriately call the expelling and subsequent shunning of such an unrepentant wrongdoer." Watchtower 1981 Sep 15 p.22
    "… a simple "Hello" to someone can be the first step that develops into a conversation and maybe even a friendship. Would we want to take that first step with a disfellowshiped person?" Watchtower 1981 Sep 15 p.25

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit