JW’s do NOT shun... (apprently)

by pale.emperor 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

My quora campaign of answering all JW related questions truthfully with evidence is going well. However, one JW had the audacity to claim that "JWs do not shun". They seem to want to present a fake, squeeky clean image to non-members and seem to get angry when answering questions regarding shunning.

Like this asshole, Dennis Cybulski. Check out the conversation I have with him and the tone of his replies.

https://www.quora.com/To-Jehovahs-Witnesses-I-disagree-with-shunning-my-family-who-are-disfellowshipped-Will-I-be-disfellowshipped-as-well-if-I-dont-shun-them/answer/Dennis-Cybulski

• former2free
    former2free

Matthew 23:25 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you cleanse the outside of the cup and of the dish, but inside they are full of greediness and self-indulgence.

This applies to them appearing clean on the outside to the world when they are internally filthy and act just like the ones the condemn.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Remember back in the day, rank-and-filers and WT reps alike were almost proud to acknowledge shit like this when questioned? WTF happened?

Once again, for the newbies, lurkers, and trolls...

...if you have to cheat to defend your beliefs, your beliefs don't deserve to be defended.

• Onager
    Onager

Upvoted your final comment to Dennis. It's mind-boggling that he can state that JW's don't shun and then not miss a beat when you link to an official JW video called "Shunning Wrongdoers." The cognitive dissonance is strong with this one.

• blisterfeet
    blisterfeet

then there is this FAQ on JW.ORG titled

Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Shun Former Members of Their Religion?

spoiler alert: Those who were baptized as Jehovah’s Witnesses but no longer preach to others, perhaps even drifting away from association with fellow believers, are not shunned. In fact, we reach out to them and try to rekindle their spiritual interest.

When my mom stops shunning me i'm going to ask her if this is correct.

• blisterfeet
    blisterfeet

there is also this one available. Loyally Uphold Jehovah’s Judgments​—Shun Unrepentant Wrongdoers

So which is it? they DO NOT shun or they do.... looks like they are confused too.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Loyally Uphold Jehovah’s Judgments​—Shun Unrepentant Wrongdoers

I sent him a link to that. He responded by trying to run away from the discussion. You know, like Jesus did?...

• sir82
    sir82

Surprised he hasn't tried the old WT chestnut - if you don't like the way a word is used, all you have to do is redefine the word.

Like they did with "lie" - just redefined it so that it is "to tell a falsehood to someone who deserves to know the truth".

Or like they did with "generation".

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Those who were baptized as Jehovah’s Witnesses but no longer preach to others, perhaps even drifting away from association with fellow believers, are not shunned. In fact, we reach out to them and try to rekindle their spiritual interest.

Thats true, mostly. What it conveniently leaves out is that nobody claimed faders (the situation they describe) were shunned. We are refering to df’d People. They are in fact shunned.

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

I have a text and an email off 2 different jws who used to be friends.

1 says she can no longer speak to me once my D'A is announced at the meeting and hasn't since.

2nd person says we will no longer have anything in common once I leave and she will no longer be allowed to help me. I have seen her a few times since and she won't hold eye contact or smile back at me when I smile. (Definitely shunning).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit