JW’s do NOT shun... (apprently)

by pale.emperor 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• Simon
    Simon

They cut the paragraph off ...

"In fact, we reach out to them and try to rekindle their spiritual interest ... but if they don't want to recognize that we speak for god or question our authority and teachings in any way then we shun their ass back into last year."

• blisterfeet
    blisterfeet

I was baptized and never DF or DA, I'm being shunned. My sister was DF and is not shunned. My niece and nephew were both never baptized. Nephew is shunned niece is not.

The inconsistency offends me the most. Sometimes the rules apply and sometimes they don't.. And their twisted reasoning always makes some back-ass sense to them.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Ugh Quora is overrun by overzealous JW who think the internet is their preaching ground. Some of them are really, really Fing obnoxious.

Won't be long before I quit the whole site.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Ugh Quora is overrun by overzealous JW who think the internet is their preaching ground. Some of them are really, really Fing obnoxious.

Won't be long before I quit the whole site.

I'm deliberately becoming the bane of their Quora presence. They block me from commenting one by one. It's like a badge of honor.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

I'm deliberately becoming the bane of their Quora presence.

They block me from commenting one by one. It's like a badge of honor.

I have the same...whenever I find a new zealot I poke the bear a bit. But what really irritates me are those who already disabled comments on everything, and are clearly out to recruit new victims for their cult instead of simply sharing their POV. Preying on the sad and downtrodden, whitewashing their despicable policies.

Ah well. Every now and then I manage to help someone rethink their association with Jw, and that is worth quite a lot of annoyances.

Confirmed score so far: 1 elder, 1 Bible study working towards baptism, 1 Bible study.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions
    You are obviously NOT a Jehovah’s Witness as JW’s do NOT shun. - Dennis Cybulski
    The Amish practice permanent shunning as well as temporary shunning much the same as we do. - Dennis Cybulski

So this means that JWs do NOT SHUN, but when they do, it's similar to the Amish. Riiiiiight. . . . .

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Witnesses have shunning perfected to an art. I was semi-shunned even when I was an active JW. This made it all the easier for me to “fade” from the religion when the time was right.

A particular funny story comes to mind when I was shunned by a particular group because I would not accept somebody’s advice...I’m not the type to go running up to anybody to ask “what’s wrong” - especially if didn’t do anything. So, I just pretended nothing was wrong. However, shunning doesn’t work without an audience and this had to have frustrated them.

So...they would have to come up to me to explain THEIR problem like the scriptures advise they should. Well, nobody did. What’s the matter? They didn’t have the balls to come up to me and say “Sister, we have a problem about such and such”?

No, I didn’t play anybody’s game.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

According to AM3, the Witnesses don't break-up families or anything like ''that''.

• blisterfeet
    blisterfeet
    its said that "the JW dont break up families" because the people that leave are "mentally diseased" and those people are breaking up families. it has NOTHING to do with the Watchtower or anything they teach... (I wish sarcasm translated better)
  • westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

In the six years since I was df for 'brazen conduct' by having meal with my late wife's carer , I have had no visits from any elder etc . Despite my making it clear , at the time, that I wanted 'in'.... Of course they shun. They avoid eye contact in public, they fail to repond to polite 'good morning' etc...Yep, they shun. For them to say otherwise is a blatant lie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit